Market Replay Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Problem

Hi, after connecting to market replay and picking the correct date for the data I cannot seem to find how to load the historical futures month I want in instrument manager. It just has the current futures months that are being traded. How do I do this?

Originally posted by wowzers View Post
    Hi, after connecting to market replay and picking the correct date for the data I cannot seem to find how to load the historical futures month I want in instrument manager. It just has the current futures months that are being traded. How do I do this?
    Add them to your instrument manager. Can you be more specific as to what you are looking for? Futures Contracts are usually 3 months or 1 month or whatever they are.

Have you recorded the data during live market session?
    Or have you performed a daily download for the data (l1/l2) ?

Comment

Hello wowzers,

If you need to add previous contract months for your futures instruments you may do this inside of the Instrument Manager by going to Tools -> Instrument Manager -> type the symbol of the instrument in the Name field -> press Search button -> select the instrument in the list below -> then under the Details section there is an Expiry drop down list that you can select which Expiry that you want to load. For example if you are looking for the ES 12-12, once the ES is selected, select the "12-12" in the Expiry drop down and press the "<" left arrow button.

JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I used the Market Replay Downloader Application to dload all of the CL futures data available

when I click on that drop down list in instrument manager, It only shows the current futures contracts being traded and doesnt show any old contracts.

Comment

Hello,

What behavior would you see if you downloaded a new copy of the data from the official NinjaTrader servers using the File > Utilities > Download Replay Data menu?
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I cant dload the data manually as there is no option to select any months before feb-2013 on CL contracts. This is the problem, how am I gonna select the contract month when NT doesnt give me the option to? Why is this so hard to understand.
            Attached Files

Comment

Because you never stated that as the problem?

I cant dload the data manually as there is no option to select any months before feb-2013 on CL contracts. This is the problem, how am I gonna select the contract month when NT doesnt give me the option to? Why is this so hard to understand.

Comment

Hello wowzers,

Thanks for that added information.

This is due to the date of your Local PC Clock. To get Contract Expiries back farther than one year then you will have to shutdown NinjaTrader, change your date of your Local PC and then start up NinjaTrader.

Note that our Market Replay Servers will not have more than a years worth of Market Replay Data so you would if you trying to download Market Replay Data before a year, this would not be able to be done.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
                JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                  Because you never stated that as the problem?
                  I cannot seem to find how to load the historical futures month I want in instrument manager. It just has the current futures months that are being traded."

"when I click on that drop down list in instrument manager, It only shows the current futures contracts being traded and doesnt show any old contracts. "

Pretty sure I said it in all my messages.

Comment

I cannot seem to find how to load the historical futures month I want in instrument manager. It just has the current futures months that are being traded."

"when I click on that drop down list in instrument manager, It only shows the current futures contracts being traded and doesnt show any old contracts. "

Pretty sure I said it in all my messages.
                    Feb 2013 to Jan 2014 are not exactly "current futures contracts".

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by tradingnasdaqprueba, 04-09-2024, 09:52 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 02:06 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post PaulMohn