Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daily chart forex

Hi

when i look at the future 6E on daily basis i have a lot of gap but the market is trading 24h/5

when i look at intraday i have the quotation all the day long

i tried to change the "Session Template" on the Instrument Editor to "Default 24/5" without success

i agree i can find the high and low with the script Bars.GetDayBar(1).High but it takes a long time to make the long term backtest and optimization

how can i have a 24/5 day chart and use the Highs[1][1] fonction to call the previous high day ?

can you help ?

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your post.

The Daily data is provided from your data feed provider in a session already, and Session Templates have no effect on this data. Who do you connect to for data? I can tell you what session the Daily data is in if I know the data feed provider.

To work around this fact, you will need to use 1440 Minute Data Series to substitute the Daily data. Keep in mind the Session Template applied to the main Data Series of the strategy will be applied to the secondary and ternary series after (excluding Daily data of course).

Comment

My provider is CQG

if i work with the 1140 minutes data, i think it will take a lot of time for the back testing, and optimization no ?

Also, i use multi frame indicator, for example the daily Stochastic.. and of course because the daily data are wrong, the indicator is wrong, no ?

Comment

Hello Thomas79,

Thank you for your response.

CQG provides Daily data with the RTH session, otherwise known as the Pit hours. So the over night is not viewed on the Daily data.

The 1440 minute chart is not necessarily going to take long to backtest, but it may take longer to load the historical data as it is minute data. The reason it would not take as long is because NinjaTrader will only need the Open, High, Low and Close of the 1440 minute bar within the Session Templates time frame. It is minute data so it will take longer than the Daily data to load.

The indicator is not "wrong" technically. The indicator is just calculating on the data it has. However, in this case it is not the desired values as it is calculating on data we do not want it to. I recommend reviewing the information at the following link for multiple time frames and instruments in your code: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm

Comment

OK, so the data for daily chart and intraday are not the same even if this is the same data provider... OK so i have to transform the intraday chart on a daily chart using a x number of minutes chart... this is not a usefull way...

On many article on magazine i can read that a lot of systematic trader use the London trading time to define the candlestick because the biggest currency market is London place... so how can i have the daily candle with London time ?

I also can take the example of the 6A who is the australian future currency, this is quiet weird to cancel the trading time of australia on the daily chart when the australian central bank is suppose to take a decision ....

Comment

Hello Thomas79,

Thank you for your response.

The Daily data is provided as is, there is no method to change it's session as it is provided by the data feed as is.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post llanqui
            by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes