Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true at moment of time

Hello,

I need for a "semi-auto" script strategy a condition that is true at "this" moment of time (or true always). With GetCurrentAsk>GetCurrentBid I experience some issue. No matter why, I think there must be anything else to get an immediate entry by a "now-true-condition"

Thank you
    Tony

Hi Tony, the issue probably is that you try to enter in the OnBarUpdate(), this would be tied to receiving an tick update, so even if the condition is true > you would need to see a trade taking place before it's triggered even in realtime with CalculateOnBarClose = false.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. And what does this mean now? I understand what I have done wrong. But not what I should do? (the conditions I have in onbarupdate)

Thank you for your support.

Best regards
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Tony, the issue probably is that you try to enter in the OnBarUpdate(), this would be tied to receiving an tick update, so even if the condition is true > you would need to see a trade taking place before it's triggered even in realtime with CalculateOnBarClose = false.

Comment

Tony, the OnBarUpdate() would be limited to the update timing explained. You would need to work out of this context then for the 'now' moment, i.e. a timer that would for example be guaranteed to trigger every second. Here's an example that would introduce such a technique - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5965

Another item you could look into would be for example the OnMarketData method, here you could get an event raised for any Level 1 data change, which might be closer to what you seek than waiting on OnBarUpdate() to fire.

Comment

Hello Bertrand,

thank you for your reply. How can I work with the condition in onmarketdata and the other conditions in onbarupdate so that there is an entry when both are true?

Thank you
          Tony

Tony, the OnBarUpdate() would be limited to the update timing explained. You would need to work out of this context then for the 'now' moment, i.e. a timer that would for example be guaranteed to trigger every second. Here's an example that would introduce such a technique - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5965

Another item you could look into would be for example the OnMarketData method, here you could get an event raised for any Level 1 data change, which might be closer to what you seek than waiting on OnBarUpdate() to fire.

Comment

Tony, you would for example set a bool in OnBarUpdate() when it's ready and then check off that bool in OnMarketData when an event is fired.

Comment

Thank you!

Tony, you would for example set a bool in OnBarUpdate() when it's ready and then check off that bool in OnMarketData when an event is fired.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
              45 responses
              3 likes
              Last Post johntraderuser2  
              Started by TAJTrades, Today, 09:46 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post TAJTrades