Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending Workspace to other NT7 User WITH Strategy on Chart

Hi,

Ex. 2 people have the same exact strategy loaded into NT7. One saves a workspace with the Strategy on the chart (but not enabled). This person then sends that saved workspace to the other person when opened, the strategy doesn't appear on the chart. Of course it wouldn't be enabled, but it's not on the chart at all. I can save the strategy on my charts in my workspaces, close them down, and reopen them, and there they are...disabled, but loaded into the window with all the settings saved, and all I have to do is enable.

So how can I send a workspace to clients with a Strategy and all it's settings loaded onto the charts (loaded, not enabled)? Right now, all they get are charts with nothing on them, and then they have to go through their list of strategies and load it manually and then make all the changes to the settings. I was hoping to avoid them having to do this.

Also, is it not possible to save a chart template with a strategy on the chart? I haven't been able to do this either.

Thanks,

Dan

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

In this case I would suggest after applying your parameters to your stragtegy-->Right click within the parameters window-->Select "Set Default for xxxxx".

Next send the strategy template to the other person which can be found in Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->templates-->Strategy.

Next save this file on the other persons PC in the same location then apply the strategy to the chart and all default settings will be used automatically.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post pibrew
    by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
    1 response