Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not connect to IQ Feed

Hi,

I am unable to connect with my login information to IQFeed via Ninja Trader and the bundled IQ Feed 4.0 Connection window. I always get an "Failure retrieving login information" error.

My login info is good however because when I login to them directly with the software they provide (looks like same or very similar IQ Feed 4.0 window) I am able to connect just fine.

Similarly, when I use a seperatecharting application that also bunbles the IQFeed window, I am also able to login and retrieve data.

In an attempt to rule out any conflicts with any of installs mentioned above, I just installed NinjaTrader on a machine that has never had any IQFeed connections installed, or any prior installs of NinjaTrader, but I get the same result.

Note - All firewalls have been disconnected as well and I have triple cjhecked my login infofor IQ.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ron

imported post

Do you have installed IQ Feed software explicitely?

If so, please try this:
    - uninstall IQ Feed software
    - uninstall NT
    - reinstall NT (not need to install any IQ Feed software)

Comment

imported post

Hi, thanks for the reply Dierk. No, on one machine I did have IQ installed, but followed the steps you outlined below, but still could not connect. Further, as I mentioned below, to avoid any possiblity of lingering settings or something like that from IQ, I installed Ninja on a machine that has never had IQ on it, or Ninja, also with the same result.

I signed up for IQfeed via iqfeed.net, not DTNIQ.com. That wouldn't be it would it? Should be same login.

Regards,
      Ron

Comment

imported post

Where do you get the error:
        a) in the IQ client as you enter user/pwd -> your login is invalid -> please contact DTN
        b) somewhere in NT -> probably some NT related issue

Comment

imported post

ok, I am getting the error in the IQ client, so I will contact them to ask about it.

It does seem strange though that I am able to connect via the IQ client that is part of the IQ install, as well as one provided with my charting software, but not the one from NT.

I will post with what I find out in from IQ case their are others who may experience same thing.

Thanks,
          Ron

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post geddyisodin  
          Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
          0 responses