No Connection @ Log-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Connection @ Log-in

I am a newbee to the Forum running on a Mac with three possible ways to connect Ninja to my trading service provider (Vision Financial). They are Parallels, VWWare Fusion and Bootcamp (Windows in native mode). I use Windows 7.

A little background. I did a sim demo using Parallels accessing Mirus (Zenfire) and decided I liked Ninja. Up until then I had been using another trading platform with Kingsview(Vision) and did not want to switch brokers while making the move to Ninja. I have now tried all three ways available to me to access Vision through Ninja always getting the same message that: "connection failed, please check the connection parameters."

I have spoken with Vision, CQG (the data provider), and Ninja technical support staff. All have been very helpful. Vision says that when I attempt to log-in, their system is not queried by my system. CQG has tested my ID and password and can log into my account. Ninja has taken over my system and can log into Kinetick as a guest. Conclusion , none of them are blocking my access.

I've been three days with this problem, have surveyed all the connection problem posts here w/o an answer and would like to get to work trading. Does anyone have any ideas where the problem lies and how to fix it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance.

Hello ORGramps,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, No Connection @ Log-in' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason/ Reply sent with logs from attempts done on Parallels. I assume they will all be the same no matter what Windows base I am using. If you would like the others from VMwatre Fusion and Bootcamp, please advise. Additional info, these attempts were made through the latest versions of Ninja (.18 and .19).

Comment

I have not received an email so far. Did you receive a message stating the email was sent successful? Please check the Control Center-->Log-tab as well. If you cannot email from within NinjaTrader, please send me the log and trace files manually.

Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in the email.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140110 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140110 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, No Connection @ Log-in' in the subject header.

Comment

Will do. I see now that I have a message: "unable to upload attachment files to support server . . . Index was outside the bounds of the the array."

Comment

Second attempt tp send is on its way. Included today and yesterday. Thx in advance.

Comment

Did not get message that email was sent successfully. Ninja is frozen. I am doing system repair and will resend shortly. Can I send multiple attachments in an email or must it be one file at a time? I tried sending four files and my Ninja didn't seem to like that.

Comment

I just received your email. Please see my response.

Comment

Jason,

Following your response, I have tried to send twice. The first time w/4 files (2 log, 2-trace). Ninja froze when I clicked send. I did not get a message that email was sent successfully, but my copy arrived in my email system. The next send was with one log file. Again Ninja froze. I have not had my copy arrive in my email yet. I have not had any experience before of Ninja locking up. I am doing some more house cleaning in my system and will restart. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

I received one of your emails. I replied the following:

Can you please send me your Config.xml file so I can test your connection on my end. You can find the Config.xml file at C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7. Please attach it in your email.

Comment

Apparently Ninja locks up during the email process. I now have two messages from the most recent attempt to send. The first is a repeat of the first failure: "unable to upload attachment files to support server . . . Index was outside the bounds of the the array." The second message was email successfully sent. So, at this point I'm not sure what you have or don't have. I am communicating now through a browser on the Mac side of my system. I will go to the Windows side and re-log-in and try sending the files you requested as attachments to a message here.

Comment

Done. It is in process (i'm still waiting for a message from Ninja of success or failure - minutes+). I will await your instruction before doing any other sends. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

On checking the Properties of the Ninja Config file, it appears that Ninja has not updated that file to the changed log-in from when I initially used Ninja in sim with a different data source in 2012. I have de-installed Ninja and re-installed with the same failed connection result. Help please.

Comment

My lack of experience with Windows is showing. The Config.XML file does show it was updated today. So I am still without an answer as to why I can't log-in to my service.

Like having a "bad hair" day!

Comment

OK, I have now been able to read my Config.XML file and believe I have found the problem. When I try to connect to Vision Financial Markets, Ninja is trying to connect me through Rithmic and not CQG. Kingsview/Vision believe my account is setup through CQG and CQG can log in to it.

In this wonderful world of multiple vendors/multiple system interfaces, who is responsible for correcting this one?

I'm going to watch some football playoffs for the rest of the weekend.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post lightsun47  
                              Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post 00nevest