X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this an NT 7.17 problem

Attached Files

Hi,

Please send me your log and trace files for today from the VPS so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference this thread in the message.

Thank you.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Files sent. Thought the log entry " Mirus: [panic] " was interesting. Half-hour later and still unable to connect to Zenfire.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the report. I was connected during the FOMC report and did not experience any lag personally. I've checked with a few resources I have and there were no global reports at this time, but we'll keep an eye out.

I also sent you a link to a remote support application via email you can run if you see this again / are still experiencing and we can troubleshoot this behavior in real-time

Comment

Matthew... were you using ver. 17? As mentioned earlier via email, NT ver 17 no longer loads other than as a process. Flash screen and then nothing. I just did a repair with the ver.17 msi and still nothing. I will uninstall NT and go back to ver 16 until such time at that version no longer works with Zenfire / Mirus. Here is a link to a Flash capture of the problem. http://www.screencast.com/t/lvHumwUSUhnn

Comment

I have similar problem with NT 7.17. One minute bars lasted several minutes (!) today after FOMC announcement. I've heard version 7.18 will solve this problem - when is it available?

Comment

Matthew... after reverting to ver 16 on the VPS, I was presented with "Mirus: Unable to login[31]: state error[LoginFailed]. Wondering if Zenfire is rejection 16 after the mandatory upgrade to 17 I did a new 17 install. It has been "Connecting - Zen-Fire" for over an hour now. During this noble and heroic attempt to connect, I have had no problem connecting to Zen-Fire on a 2nd local ver 17. How is this possible? And the VPS install has no problems with Kinetick.

The above post re: ver 18 (if true) suggests NT is aware that 17 is bogus. If this is the case then why not just acknowledge that fact so we can stop wasting hours and risking capitol on a flawed release.

Transparency is a good thing.

Protecting your business partners (pretending Zenfire and/or Mirus hasn't screwed up 17) at the expense of the user is not a good thing.
              Last edited by glennts; 12-19-2013, 05:26 AM.

Comment

A new day filled with new opportunities.... and NT 7.17 is still "Connecting...Connecting...Connecting....."

And what is this BigTick Adapter Connect exception ????

I don't use BigTick so why should that be a factor in ver 17's failed attempts to login to Mirus / Zenfire?

And it seems that I don't / can't use NT 7 . 17

(added later)

Just read reports on BMT that Rithmic has cancelled it's contract with Zenfire and that AMP no longer supports Zenfire. How could NT not know this was coming? Does this explain the development of BigTick? and the reason behind yesterday's Zenfire data being 5 min late? and the inability to connect to Zenfire today? Why was the user not informed of this situation when we complained of problems with ver.17.? Is ver. 17 an attempt to pave the way for the dropping of Zenfire and replacing it with BigTick... thus explaining the BigTick reference in my NT Log? And again...why were we not told?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by glennts; 12-19-2013, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Oddly enough.... I was just now able to connect to Zenfire / Mirus with my local machine and the VPS instance was then also able ( after 8 hrs of trying ) to establish it's own Zenfire / MIrus connection. So I now have 2 machines connected to the same account..... which should not be possible.

Comment

glennts,

Thank you for the update and I'm glad to hear the connection is working at this time.

I've submitted your reports to development and I will give you an update when I hear back.

Comment

Thank you for providing us with these files via email as well as your patience while we investigated these behaviors from all possible angles.

There were a few things happening. In terms if you being unable to log in for that period, this was identified within the connection technology's infrastructure and a patch was implemented to prevent this behavior. Please let us know if you see this again.

Regarding the connection drops, and the lagging feed, we can confirm from the time and sales window and PC clock in your screenshot that Zen-Fire was sending the ticks at the correct time.

Reviewing your system information, your VPS seems to be quite well under our minimum system requirements:

2013-12-19 06:04:52:177 PhysicalMemory=512 MB

NinjaTrader's minimum requirements state the 2GB's of Ram is absolutely required, you must move/upgrade to a system that NinjaTrader supports.

I'm sure that your system operates as per usual during most trading days, however it is important to ensure your system has enough overhead to take in additional data during heavy volume events such as we saw on Wednesday. Doing so will help ensure that your system can keep up with the increased number of ticks that need to be processed during such events.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Please take another look:
                        Attached Files

Comment

To clarify, we can confirm through our research that the market data system was processing and distributing the data in real-time (i.e., sent the tick at 2:02:48 but it wasn’t processed by the user system until 2:06:06). Had Zen-Fire been behind, the timestamps would be identical but the prices would be different.

Were you able to scale your PC resources to meet our minimum requirements?

Comment

"Were you able to scale your PC resources to meet our minimum requirements?"

It's nice to always have a trump card up your sleeve isn't it.

Given that on that day Rithmic terminated it relationship with Zen-Fire and as you acknowledge there were connection technology infrastructure issues that (in my mind) probably contributed to the VPS NT being in a continuous Price feed = connected / disconnected mode ( might this result in the data lag? ) and the fact that on prior data intensive occasions there has been no lag, I am going to assume until proven wrong that the fault is not the VPS setup.

Your minimum requirements no doubt makes assumptions about typical usage. Plotting two 300/bar charts likely falls well below that usage range and as such "minimum requirements" is only persuasive if you can assure me that with an additional gig of mem these problems would not have occurred.

Thank you for your help in this matter.
                            Last edited by glennts; 12-20-2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

The minimum requirements are based off our tests which have been set to guarantee performance. Anything under this cannot be guaranteed and we have to consider this factor any time performance issues

You may be right that the memory is not an issue based on your particular setup. Another factor to consider is what your CPU is running at that time.

Can you send a screenshot of your Processes tab of the Task Manager, showing the NinjaTrader.exe process and the CPU column? Please also include the number of cores your CPU is capable of.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post emuns
                              by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                              6 responses