Collapse

vista x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunatelt Windows 64 bit is not supported at this time. It works for some people but not for others. We have this on our list for NT7 (beta end of this year).

Comment

any beta 7 available

Dierk,

would it be possible to obtain a beta version of NT 7 for AMD 64 of the NTDirect.dll? I do not need the whole product just the DLL, I run on two computers one for IB and NT the other for TS. I will be willing to assume the risk of running this beta version.

Thanks,

Moscu.

Comment

Unfortunately a beta would not be available before the end of this year.

Comment

Beta 6.5 for x64 bit

Dierk:

How about just a Beta 6.5 for x64 bit systems?

Moscu

Comment

Please see my post #16

Comment

works fine for me. i just received a new computer with vista 64, and ninjatrader was one of the first programs i installed. works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by auspiv View Post
                works fine for me. i just received a new computer with vista 64, and ninjatrader was one of the first programs i installed. works perfectly.
                NinjaTrader GUI works fine what it does not work is the NTDirect.dll which you use from another application to connect to NinjaTrader.

Moscu

Comment

Errors when loading DLL in vista x64

FYI,

below are the errors I get first when I run try to register the NT DLL and second when I launch TS.

Moscu
                  Attached Files

Comment

status request

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                    Unfortunatelt Windows 64 bit is not supported at this time. It works for some people but not for others. We have this on our list for NT7 (beta end of this year).
                    Any status in NT7 and the DLL working in Vista 64bit.

Moscu

Comment

NT7 will support windows 64 bit. We had to reschedule first beta to Q1 09.

Comment

Any idea if this will be early or late Q1? I'm debating uninstalling Vista64 from my new computer.

Comment

Originally posted by tmoose View Post
                          Any idea if this will be early or late Q1? I'm debating uninstalling Vista64 from my new computer.
                          If you are using Ninja just for trading, you do not need to uninstall vista 64, because it's working flawless.
                          I' ve heard it has some problems if you trying to use NTDirect.dll in order to access Nija fromother custom apps, but I can not confirm, since I have never used that feature
                          Last edited by roonius; 01-08-2009, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I have been running Vista64 successfully since last April - trading applications are TradeStation, Ninja & IB TWS. The only pain in the butt is that I have to manually direct the TWS to the correct Java file every morning : a series of 7 clicks (Computer>LocalDisk>Programsx86>Java>jre6>bin>java w).

I like V64 and would not go back. I am however about to buy an utraportable laptop and will almost certainly use XP Pro for the lower RAM requirement (and only run Ninja + TWS). If you use V64 and run several applications, get 8GB RAM (yes, EIGHT GB), making sure you have a motherboard that can read it. Ram's cheap, so don't skimp.

Comment

jtrade,

I remember solving that particular Java problem although it's been so long I don't recall how. But, I would start by looking at the shortcut for TWS and see if the path to javaw.exe is correct.

Here is mine, for instance:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -cp jts.jar;pluginsupport.jar;jcommon-1.0.12.jar;jfreechart-1.0.9.jar;jhall.jar;other.jar;riskfeed.jar;rss.jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Xmx256M jclient/LoginFrame C:\PROGRA~2\INTERA~1

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by roonius View Post
                                If you are using Ninja just for trading, you do not need to uninstall vista 64, because it's working flawless.
                                I' ve heard it has some problems if you trying to use NTDirect.dll in order to access Nija fromother custom apps, but I can not confirm, since I have never used that feature
                                Hey, thanks for the tip. For some reason when I first installed NT on Friday I was having issues connecting to Zen-Fire/Mirus. I forget what the error was but everything was working well except that connection. Looks like thats all solved, for now at least

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Salahinho99, Today, 04:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Salahinho99  
                                Started by junkone, 04-28-2024, 02:19 PM
                                8 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post brucerobinson  
                                Started by mkouitra, 10-23-2021, 04:40 PM
                                17 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                                Started by Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom, 05-03-2024, 10:29 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom  
                                Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post PhillT
                                by PhillT

Working...
                                X