Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT v17 -- Request from Mirus

Hi all
    I have just had an email from Mirus futures insisting that I upgrade to NT v17. Unusual to not have had a notice from you so I checked the NT download site and the current version is 16. What is going on? Is this a virus/spam attack ?
    I have and will do nothing until I hear from you?

Ben.

Hello Ben,

Thanks for the post.

This is a legitimate email from Mirus. Please follow the instructions that are provided in the email.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vince View Post
      Hello Ben,

Thanks for the post.

This is a legitimate email from Mirus. Please follow the instructions that are provided in the email.
      Sorry - until the issues raised in this post - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=61873 - are resolved this sounds way to risky. What are the reasons for the change and why haven't we been notified by NT?
      I was involved in some beta testing using the BigTick data feed and these exact issues were noted.
      ie resting stop orders not cancelled then orders being submitted once price got to the old stop order location. Also had fills at values that had traded but were now 20 ticks off the market - after a disconnect, fields in the control center and DOM were not populated. The list of issues was extensive and the testing was scrapped.
      The issues raised here so far sound far to familiar - despite your reassurances please can we have some transparency - as I said earlier - what exactly is the reason for this update? Were are the release notes? Why hasn't it come from NT directly? What happens if we chose to ignore the request? Other than occasional disconnections and then not being able to reconnect for 30 mins I have no pressing issues with the current version of NT that I am using (v15).

Comment

Now know why it hasn't come from NT - "Because the update is unique to ZenFire users, the link is not yet available on NinjaTrader's site. Please see below for the link again:"

from an email from Mirus - insightful and full of answers to my questions - NOT !

Is this unique to Mirus clients or is it also relevant to other brokers using the ZenFire connection? Anybody give more details please.

Comment

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your questions.

The updated relates to one of the Zen-Fire software components in order to add new functionality and expand exchange access moving forward. Notification has not come from NinjaTrader directly as Zen-Fire users are being updated in tiers to ensure that all support resources are available to handle any questions clients may have.

If you do not wish to upgrade, you can contact your broker representative at Mirus and discuss this updates further. They can ensure your account is setup to work with R16. I'm sure your broker would be happy to offer as much clarification as possible as it relates to your account and this update.

Do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can do for you.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post lightsun47  
          Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
          1 response
          0 likes