Daily Charts and Session Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Columbcille,

I have not received a reply from our development yet, however, when I do, I will not be able to confirm that the feature request will be implemented. (Nor can I confirm any features of NinjaTrader 8 as it is still be built).

However, once I receive a tracking ID for your suggestion when it is entered into our tracking system I will forward you this ID.

Daily charts cannot have the session template applied. This is because daily bars come from the broker or data provider fully formed using the session template chosen by that particular provider.

If you would like to view the hours for your particular template with a daily interval, set your chart to 1440 Minutes (there are 1440 Minutes in a day) and then use your session template.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i tried the 1440 hour aswell despite startign from 1700 or 0000 the open was the same :-\ even treis 120 hour with a start at 0000 in the session manager and it wouldnt have a 0000 bar only 0100

Comment

Hello Columbcille,

What time periods are you wanting to view on your chart?

What are the times and days of your session template?

May I have a screenshot of the chart with the timestamps showing?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link
        http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Comment

i have the default 24/7 usually at 1700 sunday - 1700 monday etc.

I am trying to change the 1700 to 0000 but when i check the actual bars even on smaller charts the first bar is at 0100

answered too early yeah hang on

ok actually it looks like that updated overnight... but im going to try aand get the open close times to change real quick hold one one more second please
          Last edited by Columbcille; 05-06-2014, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Hi Columbcille,

May I also have a screenshot of the session template in the Session Manager?

Comment

Hi Columbcille,

Also, what time zone are you in?

If you are wanting each day to end at midnight your time, you may need to change the time zone of the Default 24/7 template. Currently, it is in Eastern Time. Change this to your time zone.

Comment

well its not doing what it did last night... i guess restartingt he computer must have fixes whatever issue there was... thanks for your time im sorry to bother and hope to hear soon about the session time span ticket! thanks!

Comment

hey one last question while on the topic of needing to use 1440 minute charts, is there way to modify the dropdown time frames?

Comment

Hello,

The toolbar's options cannot currently be edited.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

/sigh ok can we put a request in for that in NT8 too? Thank you!

Comment

hello chealsea just installed the NT8 beta... still having this issue...

Comment

attaches is a side by side comparison with the native FXCM web client and the NT client i have circled the issue which it seems i cannot correct
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Columbcille,

I would like to verify a few pieces of information.

First, were FXCM's Trading Station, and NinjaTrader, running concurrently? There is a disclaimer in the FXCM connection guide, http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide , cautioning against this.

Second, were you using the default 24 / 7 session template? You can set this in Tools -> Session Manager

Third, were you using a 1440 minute bar chart, with the desired session template set? Ensure that the chart's Data Series (Ctrl + F) has its Session Template property set to "Default 24 / 7" and select "OK"

Fourth, was the chart reloaded?

Fifth, am I correct in that the part of the circled area you would like to draw my attention to was the inconsistent open and close bars between the two charts?

Finally, I would like to ask, please send me your log and trace files for today. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1479393

Thank you in advance for the above information, it will help us track down why you are unable to change your session open times.
                            Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've found out how, I needed to unchecked EOD, for it so combine the weekend bars!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
                              19 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rene69851  
                              Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post gwenael