Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't display more than one day in replay

Hey guys,
    I've downloaded two consecutive days of replay data for 6b. I start replay and as I move the scroll bar, the data appears on the chart but when I go past where one day ends and the next day's data begins, all the bars from the previous day disappear and only the bars of the new day show up.

I've checked "available data" and both days appear but I just can't get both day's data to appear on the chart at the same time. Also, when I ctrl-F, I am showing 6 days on the "number of days."

Here's another interesting fact: when I allow the replay to "play" through the end of one day and into the other, the bars from the first day DON'T disappear, but as soon as I move the scroll bar ahead, all the bars from the first day do disappear. The end of 1 day and the beginning of the next is 2100 and I'm on pacific time in the US.

Thanks
    Last edited by rick86; 10-04-2013, 03:32 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Please connect to a Live Market data feed and load the 6B Historical data on the chart.

When you use Market Replay data it will use the standard historical charting data to load historical data.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The replay data is for Oct 4th, 2013. I'm using IB for live data and I don't think their historical goes back that far.

Besides, I remember being able to see consecutive days on a chart while playing replay in the past. You don't think this is some kind of a glitch? It always behaves this way?

Comment

still can't get this to work. I have data for several days in a row but as soon as I scroll past 2100 pacific time, the bars from the previous day disappear off the chart so I can only see the bars from the day that is playing back. Like I said before, if I let the replay PLAY through the 2100 hour, the bars from both days stay on the chart but as soon as I touch the scroll bar or enter a "go to" time, the bars from the previous day disappear. This is really vexing because I need the bars from the previous day to draw S and R lines into the current day (that is playing).

Please help!!

Thanks guys

Comment

Hello,

What are your From and To dates set on your Market Replay?

Are they filtered down to the exact days you are trying to replay?

Additionally, were you able to connect to a live data feed to load the historical data on the chart?

Comment

I have data for Oct 3, 2012 through Oct 10, 2012. My dates on replay are set to Oct 3 through Oct 5th. I click on "data available" and can verify that the data is there and I can display all the days individually, but once I scroll past 2100 pacific time on the 4th for example, the bars from the 3rd disappear off the chart. I use IB for live data and their historical data doesn't go back to Oct 2012 so I can't do as you suggest.

Comment

Hello,

According to your Available Data pane, does the data show the full date range?

Example: ES 12-12 Oct 3rd Start Time:12:00:00 am End Time: 11:59:59 pm

Additionally, IB's data does go back further than 365 days. Connect to your live data feed and then set your chart to ES 12-12 and End Date to Oct 10th with 10 days to Load or more.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
                Hello,

According to your Available Data pane, does the data show the full date range?

Example: ES 12-12 Oct 3rd Start Time:12:00:00 am End Time: 11:59:59 pm

Additionally, IB's data does go back further than 365 days. Connect to your live data feed and then set your chart to ES 12-12 and End Date to Oct 10th with 10 days to Load or more.
                Yes, the Available Data shows that I have all the data for Oct 3rd - Oct 10th. I connected to the live data and downloaded for that time period but still no help. Keep in mind that I can display each day individually so that's another way that I know the data is there. It's only when I scroll past 2100 (pt) that the chart drops off the data.

A new way it's doing this is that I'll have the bars from the 4th displaying properly as I scroll toward 2100 pt (on the 4th) but as soon as I scroll past 2100 pt, I now have a chart that displays bars up to 2359 on the 3rd, and then gaps up to bars starting at 1500 pt on the 4th. It wasn't doing that before but maybe that'll give you a clue as to what's happening.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello,

Please send a note to Support[At]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com.

Put ATTN: Cameron in the subject field and a link to this forum post in the body.

Include your phone number so that we can schedule a call to go over this item.

Comment

I have the same issue

Hi, I am experiencing the same exact issue. Was this resolved? Is it a bug or a setting?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello bkeogh,

Thank you for your post.

It's neither a bug or a setting. You must allow all of the data to play all the way through to look backward through the chart, or connect to a live data connection, load the historical data, then connect to Market Replay.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
                      Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, tried that but still having the same issue. I connect to Kinetick, load a chart with end date of a friday, and set to load 5 days data. It connects to Kinetick and loads up the data as expected in the chart. Then I disconnect Kinetick and connect market replay. I start moving the time slider through the day and once it gets to the next day all the previous day bar disappear and only the current day shows.

I have previously downloaded data using market replay downloader, is that possibly a problem? Do I need to clear that data out? If so how?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

This works correctly for me if I load a Daily chart with the Kinetick EOD connection, then connect to Market Replay and start replaying days. Can you provide me with the instrument, days, and other necessary information so that I can attempt to reproduce.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Sure, using ES 6-14, 555 tick chart, loading Kinetick data for first week of April 2014 and setting market replay to 4/1/ - 4/2

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Please send us a note at platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com with a link to this forum post in the body of email.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Tim-c
                              by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM