Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datafeed for Intraday charting?

Hey,

I use the Global Futures connection to trade. Do I still need eSignal Data feed to get intraday charting?

imported post

Here is how it works -

- Patsystems does not provide historical data
    - Therefore NinjaTrader collects and stores data in the charts as the data comes in
    - If you are connected all day today, tomorrow you will have historical data from yesterday stored on your PC
    - If you are disconnected for part of the day, you will have a gap in your chart data
    - eSignal will provide you the ability to back fill your charts with missing data
    - We have an agreement with eSignal to provide data for $30 per month but that special deal is not available for another month

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

ninjatrader wrote:
      Here is how it works -

- Patsystems does not provide historical data
      - Therefore NinjaTrader collects and stores data in the charts as the data comes in
      - If you are connected all day today, tomorrow you will have historical data from yesterday stored on your PC
      - If you are disconnected for part of the day, you will have a gap in your chart data
      - eSignal will provide you the ability to back fill your charts with missing data
      - We have an agreement with eSignal to provide data for $30 per month but that special deal is not available for another month
      After six months, the situation is the same?

If yes, do you have other possibilities to back fill the charts with other data provider with a low cost?

TIA

Comment

imported post

eSignal is our lowest cost option at this time. The cost is quite reasonable compared to their full blow service. What has changed though is -

- We expect to have historical data from Trading Technologies sometime later this year (dependant on TT)
        - We have free historical market data through Zen-Fire supported brokers

Comment

imported post

ninjatrader wrote:
          eSignal is our lowest cost option at this time. The cost is quite reasonable compared to their full blow service. What has changed though is -

- We expect to have historical data from Trading Technologies sometime later this year (dependant on TT)
          Just tried NINJA TT demo

They don't have historical data. What does that mean? I need to wait for later this year?

Another few questions:

1) How is it possible that TT feed is slower than PATS!!??

2) Why the bid/ask EUREX columns have only 6 prices instead of 10?

I am using the version 5.2.1000.1 since it is a SIM account and I don't have the TT fix adapter

Thanks

Comment

imported post

Yes, that would mean you would need to wait until TT supports historical data and makes it available via their API.

1) Not sure what you mean TT is slower than Patsystems. We do not make statements on speed comparisions between our supported data connectivity partners.

2) NinjaTrader only supports 5 levels of depth

Ray

Comment

imported post

ninjatrader wrote:

1) Not sure what you mean TT is slower than Patsystems. We do not make statements on speed comparisions between our supported data connectivity partners.

Ray
              Come on

TT is well-known as one of the best if not the best and fast feed around (now after Zen-Fire)

So my question is not that"you make statements on speed comparision"

My question is very simple:

Is it possible that something is wrong in my TT settings that could make slow the feed?

Also the volume is totally incorrect

NINJA TT reports less than half of the correct volume

Thanks for reply

Comment

imported post

Sorry, I misunderstood. Now that I understand your question, I can answer it this way.

The speed and amount of data that NinjaTrader displays is not a function of NinjaTrader but that of the infrastructure you are connected to. If the server you were connected to had some technical issues, then the speedand amount of data that you are seeing could be seriously impacted. If you feel your TT connection should be faster, I would check with the broker to make sure all is ok.

Ray

Comment

imported post

ninjatrader wrote:
                  How many days (weeks, months, candles . . .) of historical data are supplied free by ZenFire? Is it just 2 weeks or so? Or could you bring up an intraday chart for say, the last 3 months (without paying for a datafeed like eSignal)?

Will this improve with NT6?

Also, Chart Suggestion -- When you request a chart you can only specify the number of days back from today. If it is now Sept 15 and I want the chart for the month of June (only), I need to request a chart for June 1 through Sept 15. I would love a feature that allows you to specify the starting and ending dates for a chart.

Comment

imported post

Data has been stored since January 06 so I guess one could say there is 9 months of historical data available.

On your chart question, thanks for the suggestion, will add to our list for future consideration.

Ray

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888
                    by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM