reversal options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reversal options

I am scalping a fast market using several different types of trades using the SuperDOM and a simple ATM Strategy with a profit target and a stop. One of my trade types requires that I reverse at the stop. So say I get a long signal I then 1) enter the stop limit buy order above the market which will stop me into the trade and 2) right click on the DOM and check "Reverse on stop". If I am buy-stopped into the long trade the DOM correctly shows the target exit with one contract and the stop exit for two. If the stop is hit I correctly end up with one contract short. The problem is that now the new orders also are set to stop and reverse -- the stop order shows two contracts. Instead I want to be flat if the new short target or stop are hit. If I try to modify the 2 contact stop to make it one I get a message saying that it is not allowed. I don't want to have to cancel and re-enter the orders because things are moving too fast. How can I modify the Reverse on stop so that it is only good for a one time reversal and then goes back to "normal"?

Separate question -- is there any difference between checking the Advanced option "Rev at stop" box vs right click on DOM and check Reverse at stop off the menu?

Hello bkout,

Thank you for your post.

The ReverseAtStop will continue on each trade, there is no method to set it to one time. However, you can split the Stop Loss from the reversal order by left clicking on the order and then left clicking at a new price, then click the X next to the order at the new price level to cancel it.

There is no difference between the two options for ReverseAtStop.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 09-09-2013, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Patrick, Thanks for the workaround however there must be a way to have the Reverse at Stop option only be effective one time. I say this because I am in a class and I watched the teacher in live trading check the Reverse at Stop option from the right click DOM menu and after her trade reversed there was only a single contract on both the target and stop i.e. no reversal. I think(?) there must be another related setting somewhere. I am the only one in the class of 10 having this problem. Perhaps one of your fellow troubleshooters has an idea? In case it matters we are using the Static Super DOM
      Last edited by bkout; 09-08-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Hello bkout,

Thank you for your response.

I am not aware of such a setting in NinjaTrader. I would recommend inquiring on how the other users are achieving this int he Advanced Options for the ATM Strategies.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 09-11-2013, 06:23 AM.

Comment

OK I thought they were doing the exact thing I was doing however there is a slight difference in sequence that makes the difference. To have Rev at stop be effective for only the current order wait until the position is open and then right click on DOM and select Rev at stop. If the position is reversed then you will see that there is only a single contract order at the stop and target.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post emuns