X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, please keep me posted how it goes.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well Bertrand, let me update you about this weird behavior watched in my database.

Until few days ago, what I was doing, was just individual optimization for each one of these days: 8/22 8/25 8/26......8/30 When I do'em, all is well until 8/25 from that on, results comes non-sense.

But yesterday, after a new session template, clean database...etc I did optimizations from 8/26 and results came out pretty good. But since I suspected that maybe something wrong in 8/22 and 8/25 data, I decided to run again the whole period from 8/22, and once again, the funny results from 8/26, 8/27...8/30. I checked the tick database in those days for weird or bad ticks, nothing found.

So, as you can see, this is nothing to do with templates but maybe something wrong in those days in the database causes the malfunction.

Anyway, I thought since I got a normal status avoiding initiate optimizations from 8/22, this wouldn't be any longer an issue to me, but it continues to repeat. Just I have good results when I clean the cache of the database, and do the process from 8/26 on.

Any ideas?

Thanks
      Last edited by pstrusi; 09-05-2013, 04:03 AM.

Comment

pstrusi, what do you mean exactly by 'funny results'? Do you have an example perhaps? For those FX templates on sessions one would need to keep in mind that even if you're for example running one day in particular only > NT would never cut off your session if it spanned midnight for example, but always complete the full session even it that means covering more than one day.

That is something our developers are aware of and look to further improve for our next major platform update.

Comment

When I do an optimization under a set of same variable values, I obtain an output of determined number of total trades, winning and losing ones; "Funny results" would be that under the same exactley set , I obtain surprisingly a fewer number of total trades, winning and losing ones, as they were missing a lot of trades or ticks in my database.

Those funny results are solved when I clean the cache of the database and re-run an optimization again with the same set

Comment

Regarding the not limitation in forex to 24 hrs for optimization, I'm pretty aware of that, cause it was an issue that I had to solve, here´s the thread with the solution it was found temporarily until major a major upgrade comes with it.

Comment

Which optimizer are you using in the process the Default or Genetic?

Comment

This is the complete set of system variables:

- Included comm : FALSE
                - Maximum bars look back: 256
                - Min bars required: 2 ( This algo can work with this minimum )

- Fill type: DEFAULT
                - Slippage: 0

- Optimize data series: FALSE
                - Optimize on: MAX. NET PROFIT

The rest is the same default system set

Comment

Thanks, so the Optimizer entry is Default as well? As with reoptimizing with the GA I would expect different results as it's not an exhaustive search through all parameters, but a smart one trying to deliver a comparable 'good' result in a favorable time. If you can reproduce this anomaly cleanly on your setup, would you mind if we used your DB and script here to test it more detailed on our ends?

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Yes it's all in Default, never GA.
                    At this moment I just clear my cache database prior opening NT, do one optimization and ready to go live. I think it might work this way without any additional issue.

I'm sorry, but at this time I'm not allowed to send any script. Don't worry any longer about this. Should it be a very important issue, I´ll let u know right away.

Thanks for your attention

Comment

Sounds good Pier, I surely understand.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post llanqui