Can't Run NT 6.5 on XP SP2 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Run NT 6.5 on XP SP2 !

I downloaded NinjaTrader for the first time, using version 6.5 to avoid potential issues with new releases and alL I got was a lot of error messages on startup and then nothing. Here is part of the gibberish that comes up : Unable to connect to database "Provide=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 Usr ID=aDMIN: datasource=C ...

ObjectSpace:Connection String is invalid - Could not load file or assembly system.Enterpriseservices.wrapper.dll or one of its dependencies...

Checking whether I have .NET, it looks like I have Framework 1 and 2 in the folders.
    So it looks like I need to dowload Framework 3.5, but I am concerned this would lead to more issues. First off can I upgrade with XP SP2, or do I need to upgrade to SP 3.
    If so forget it., I see some peopel having lots of problems upgrading to Framework 3.5,
    it's a shame I have to go through all that just to try a new piece of software ...

But first I would need to make sure that .NET version IS the problem and the only problem , as I close the first error messsage window I get a second one :
    DB.Globals.Engine
    at Globals.get_Engine ()
    -
    -
    -
    - and more gibberish

Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums.

This does look related to .NET. You can install .NET 3.5 SP1 which should contain all the updates you need required for NinjaTrader to run:

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Do I need to uninstall NT first ?
      Will framework 3.5 work with XP SP 2 ?

sorry but what is .NET Framework for (other than running NT and other visual apps) ?
      How do I know for sure doing the upgrade with my configuration will not blow up my system or cause some other (major) issues ?

Comment

.NET is a library of features and methods provided by microsoft that programs are developed with. NinjaTrader was developed using the .NET Framework and relies on various components from these updates.

You should not need SP3 to install .NET 3.5. I cannot gurantee these updates for you as I do not know what else you have running on your pc; if you have questions about what is contained in them, please refer to the following MS KB article and other related resources

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post futtrader  
        Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
        1 response
        0 likes