Drawings move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawings move

I'm having a problem with my drawings (so far arrows and lines) not being in the same place after I've saved, closed and later re-opened the chart. Some are OK but others are "out in space" -- if you look at the lines with the purple arrow pointing at them they should start at a price bar. This is frustrating to have to go back and figure out whey the lines should be again.
    Any idea why this is happening?
    The chart is GC 12-13 with RJay's RenkoSpectrum bars set at 4-2. The day pictured is 8/1
    Attached Files

How much time between closing and opening the chart are you seeing these objects move?

Are we sure the drawing objects are moving? Or is the data changing? You can verify this by double clicking on the drawing object and go to the "Data" tab. You should see the Time and Price that the object is drawn on. Please note this before you close the chart and check after re-opening the chart.

Some custom bar types have been known to 'repaint'. To retest this beahvior, can you do the same on a standard tick chart and let me know if you see the same?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I believe I know what is happening here. It is not a problem with RJay's bars but rather with the way drawings are saved. If you are using a fast chart like in your picture or something like a 1 tick chart you will get multiple bars with the same time stamp. When the chart starts up the next day the drawings snap to the first bar of the series of same time stamp bars, they move. Here is a picture I use on my site to illustrate this. The blue arrows were drawn at the three anchor points on the previous day, but have shifted. Hope it helps explain what is happening.

Dan
      Attached Files
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ageeholdings