Patsystems to Zen-Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patsystems to Zen-Fire

I recently switched data feeds from Patsystems to Zen-Fire (using NT 6.5). With Patsytems, everything worked fine. But with Zen-Fire, I have data sticking issues and freezing in the static superdom (only the control center and two static superdoms are opened; nothing else). I consulted with a tech at my broker and he suggested that it might be my video card that is causing the problem so I switched from an 64mb Nvidia to a 512mb Nvidia card. The switch caused even worse sticking and freezing. We did a test on the video card and everything tested fine so we really don't know what is causing the bottleneck.

FYI, my computer is a Dell Prescision 670 workstation with 2 x 2.80ghz Xeon processors and 2gb RAM.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

a) Do you any chance to try on a different machine with a different setup?
    b) Is only the DOM freezing but e.g. data on the control center mini display keeps updating/
    c) Tools->Options->Check "Show diagnostics tab". Got diagnostics tab and make sure ONLY Connect, Order and To File only are checked. NO other option should be checked.
    d) What is the processor load the DOM freezes? Please check on task manager

Comment

a) I am currently running the exact setup on my laptop (Sony Vaio, 2.2ghz dual processor, 3gb RAM, 512mb video card) with no problems.

b) Yes, only the dom is freezing while the data in the control center keeps updating

c) At the diagnostics tab, only connect and order are checked

d) The processor load varies from 35 to 50% when the dom freezes.

Comment

Thanks for that information...

I know that there were some known nVidia issues with some Windows based programs acknowledged by nVidia on their forum but this in some occasions only affected chart crosshairs and link buttons. No reports on this affecting the SuperDOM.

Since it is working as expected on your second PC that for sure would point to some conflict on your problem PC. Unfortunately, we do not have any further ideas. Maybe swapping to a different brand video card? Try disabling hardware accelleration on the card?
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TMD,

Is your Dell Prescision 670 machine running on a 64-bit OS like XP 64-bit or Vista 64-bit?

BigD

Comment

No, my OS is Windows XP 32-bit.

Comment

The 2GB XP machine freezes but the 3GB machine doesn't, so try adding more memory to the workstation.

As a guess, since Zen-Fire doesn't do any tick filtering, you may be getting more incoming data, requiring more memory than for other data feeds that combine some data packets before they send them, which I'd guess would cause less memory to be used if you have one of these other data feeds.

Maybe Ray or Dierk could confirm whether this is a valid hypothesis....?

Comment

The real-time data from one provider to the next should not cause noticeable memory differences.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                1 response
                0 likes