Chart of ^TICK will not load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart of ^TICK will not load

CQG is my data feed and ^TICK is one of the supplied indexes. When I try to pull up a chart the data never loads. This also happens with ^VIX and other indexes supplied by CQG. What could be the problem?

Best Regards
    Chuck

Hello Chuck,

Please go to Tools > Account Connections, select your CQG connection and click Change. Then in the connection wizard click Next > Next, check the box 'Include index data' and click Next > Finish.

If this box is already checked or you still experience the same, please disconnect from CQG, reset the instruments and restart NinjaTrader.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
      Hello Chuck,

Please go to Tools > Account Connections, select your CQG connection and click Change. Then in the connection wizard click Next > Next, check the box 'Include index data' and click Next > Finish.

If this box is already checked or you still experience the same, please disconnect from CQG, reset the instruments and restart NinjaTrader.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.
      Hello Chris. Thanks, that worked...but I have another problem. For some reason I cannot plot both ^UVOL and ^DVOL in the same window. ^UVOL will plot but ^DVOL will not, yet I can plot them in separate windows. Can you help me with that? Also, ideally I would like to create a spread between the two. Is there a way to do that? THX.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Chuck,

This is possible only with custom programming. There are a couple for free indicators available here on these forums that offer this. Look for the Spread ones and "Pair Trading Suite".

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris S" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.
        2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by reynoldsn, Today, 04:40 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post reynoldsn  
        Started by Philippe56140, 04-27-2024, 02:35 PM
        6 responses