Trouble loading market analyzers - Esignal connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble loading market analyzers - Esignal connection

I'm having trouble with loading my workspace.
    My workspace consists of about 3 charts and 6 market analyzers, with 2 major ones that have about 80 stocks and multiple indicators each.
    At some point during the day, I had problems loading a new symbol into one of my charts. I restarted both NT and subsequently my computer.

After rebooting and connecting to esignal, everything looked fine initially. Charts and the symbols in my minor market analyzers all loaded fine. The live data feed also updated fine. But as the large market analyzers started to load data to update the indicators I have on there, there have been 4 occasions today where it would get caught on one symbol and hold up all subsequent loading (ie. if I tried to load a symbol on a chart after that it wouldn't work).

This problem has been intermittent. It happened once last week and 4 times today. Everything would seem fine on initial load, and then about 20 symbols in it would get stuck. During the time when it had problems loading, I contacted esignal help as well as checked the data manager. The problem didn't seem to be on their end.

Hi Pretender,

Thank you for posting.

It sounds like you are loading a large number of data plus trying to calculate indicator for those instruments.

When you are adding the additional instrument it may be constraining the program cause it to lag and take a long time to load all the data.

I would suggest lowering the amount of data you are loading or the number of instruments.

Here is a link on PC Performance -
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well I hadn't experienced problems before, and currently it's working fine.
      The information I wrote earlier only referred to one workspace. Usually when I'm running on full I have 3 equivalent workspaces up with no issues.

It's a recent problem that's popped up, and I don't think it has to do with adding an additional instrument. When the problem pops up, the stuck data load would happen during the initializing stage, often within the first 5 or so instruments being loaded.

Comment

Hi Pretender,

When you first load up, do you see the message "Loading Data..." on the lower right hand corner of the Control Center?

Additionally, when you add an instrument to the Market Analyzer, it forces the program to reload all the historical data which would effectively have another wait time to load all the instruments and indicators.

Comment

My usual routine:

Start NT. My default workspace loads up, all the symbols are loaded no problem. Connect esignal. Open my actual working workspace. At this point, the live feed real time prices load with no problem. When I have issues, one of the symbols will be caught in the "loading data..." phase for calculating the indicators.

This problem didn't occur, however, if I just loaded up the workspaces without being connected to esignal. It'll load the data for everything using all the historical data on the machine with no issues. So there don't seem to be issues with the live price feed or the historical data feed but seem to be when the two of them somehow get stuck together. Like I said, it's a rare intermittent problem.

As for adding instruments to the market analyzer, I've (thankfully) never seen it reload the entire historical data of all the instruments, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Comment

Pretender,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following ticket in the body of the email: ATTN Cal and reference this thread

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses