Have Ninja Send me an Email when my strategy give a signal/entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have Ninja Send me an Email when my strategy give a signal/entry

Does anyone know how to let ninja send you an email whenever your strategy gives a signal or entry or disconnect from my network...please help.

Welcome to our forums - you could include a call to SendMail() directly when you enter with your condition to get an email in realtime on an entry happening - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/sendmail.htm

For connection issue, you could monitor OnConnectionStatus events -

However if you have a full ISP connection loss, then this would not be helpful either as you could not inform yourself via email then with no connection available.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks i'll get it a try

Comment

I'm also attempting to use the SendMail function yet I get the following error in the log...

8/12/2013 2:04:53 AM|3|4|Failed to send mail: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 173.194.77.109:587
        at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
        at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
        at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Bool ean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
        --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
        at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6, Int32 timeout)
        at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)
        at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)
        at System.Net.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback, Int32 creationTimeout)
        at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(Strin g host, Int32 port)
        at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.GetConnection(String host, Int32 port)
        at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.GetConnection()
        at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
        --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
        at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
        at NinjaTrader.Cbi.Globals.SendMailNow(String from, String to, String cc, String subject, String body, String[] attachmentPaths)
        at NinjaTrader.Cbi.Globals.MailThreadProc()

Can you help? Thank you in advance!

Comment

Sure, are you just using the empty default settings under Tools > Options > Misc here? SSL checked or not? Have you tried entering your own email's provider SMPT instead?

Comment

Should the Test Email work with blank configuration?
            I've also tried using Gmail SMTP config however their configuration is...
            Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS or SSL: smtp.gmail.com
            Use Authentication: Yes
            Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
            Port for SSL: 465

ports 587 or 465?

Also could I use Gmail's POP server?

Comment

A blank configuration would work as long as nothing is blocking port 25. If that throws an error, you'd have to use your custom email servers.

for gmail, the settings are located in the following post:

Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I have yet to have any configuration work. I have tried your suggestions only to no avail. A pop-up comes up and says "Failed to send test mail: Failure sending mail." any suggestions?

Comment

When you made your changes for the configs to test under Tools > Options > Misc - did you press 'ok' first to accept a new config and then coming back to the window to actually 'test' it? Otherwise the new changes could not be applied and therefore you could be testing and retesting old settings only.

Comment

Yes, and I get the same result. the log file shows: "Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 173.194.77.109:587"

Comment

dadof3and3, is that testing with Antivirus / Firewall filters set to a minimum? Are you working behind a proxy in this setup?

Comment

Thank you... I had McAfee running and blocking the Ninjatrader.exe app from emailing. All is good in the world now

Comment

Ok, thanks for the update - we're glad to hear that.

Comment

Hey i just got my test email by using the Tools > Options > Misc configuration with 587 as my port..will this give me real time email alerts on entries and exits etc? FYI am using a strategy on my ninja.

Comment

Hi Andrek1876,

As long as you have your strategy set to send you emails when you have entries and exits; Yes you will receive them as the trades take place.
                              Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                              6 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post jgualdronc  
                              Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes