Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant initilize FXCM api now NT installation problem

Hey NT,

iv have Ninjatrader 7 for over a year, and a live FXCM feed since April 2013.

up to today was all working fine. turned on computer this morning, tried to connect to FXCM, and a box came up with " cannot Initilize FXCM API" or something along those lines.

So i restarted computer to see if that would solve problem.

Now when i click on Ninjatrader on my desktop, i get this pop up (see picture attached) about configuring/ installing ninjatrader?

Any ideas?

Many thanks
    Attached Files

just to add, iv clicked cancel on the top box in previous attached picture, and now have this pop up come up.

doesnt make sense to me?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mark R-C,

The tmp5036.tmp error indicates that NinjaTrader installation files are missing. Likely you have registry/cleaning software that removed these files.

Unfortunately, you will need to completely uninstall NinjaTrader using cleanup software before you can reinstall NinjaTrader and start it again. You will lose all saved settings and data.

If you do not have such cleanup software available, please use Microsoft FixIt to uninstall NinjaTrader. You can download and install it at the link below.
      The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter helps you automatically repair issues when you're blocked from installing or removing programs.

Once NinjaTrader has been removed, you will be able to install NinjaTrader successfully and run it again.

You can download and install NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.14 from the link below.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Jason,

Just downloaded new NT, and as installing this notice popped up from my antivirus?
        is this normal/ part of Ninjatrader? or should i keep this file blocked. google saying it a trojan?
        Attached Files

Comment

I am not sure why this message appeared. The file that is referred is not harmful - I have it installed at the same folder on my computer.

Comment

ye i think my antivirus is being sensitive. as i scanned that file with an online virus site and it was clean.

however, now everytime i click on ninjatrader to start , i get the "ninjatrader is configuring" pop up seen in my first post attachment, then eventually it starts.

why is this happening? it didnt before today?

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Cant initilize FXCM api now NT installation problem' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

thanks jason, i will do that now.

Everytime i load NT, antivirus pop up keeps coming up blocking that file aswell. didnt before today?

Comment

Thank you Jason for your help and patience! all in working order now!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ZenCortexAuCost