Pop-up Menu items to place trade are missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop-up Menu items to place trade are missing

This has happened to me several times so I am hoping it has happened to others for selfish reasons (NOTE: Normally I would not wish pain and suffering on anyone).

I believe this happens when I am attempting to Replay Market Data. The options for placing various limit/stop orders disappear from the pop-up/context menus.

I have attached a screenshot to show what I am talking about.

Somehow it comes back after unknown steps (possibly a reboot of the computer).

Please help!
    Attached Files

I was not real clear in the pic I attached so here is a bit more clear (hopefully).

Also, I have tried the following:

1. Restart NT
    2. Recreate the workspace.
    Attached Files

Comment

I just thought of something else from a prior instance of this problem but that does not make sense to me. I "think" I was told that I have to "Replay" data when the market is open and I am not able to do this sort of thing on the weekend.

Hopefully I am not remembering correctly. If I am remembering correctly, I think this is a bit too much "big brother" trying to ensure orders are not placed "off hours". More importantly though is this should NOT be in effect if using the Market Replay connection.
      Last edited by mcatmull; 08-05-2013, 02:08 AM.

Comment

I have additionally tried the following (continuing from the previous list):

3. Restored from a previous backup
        4. Deleted “_Workspaces.xml” file and restarted NT.
        5. Created a new chart without any template attached. Still no submenu for placing limit/stop buy/sell orders
        Last edited by mcatmull; 08-04-2013, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Since this has happened before, I am attempting to document everything. I am also working with NT Support via email. Below are .MHT file representation of the email response just given and the associated picture which does not appear in the file.
          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting to know, the pop-up/context menu just re-appeared. In answering NT Supports email, I had left the "Market Replay" running. At some point it utilized an indicator with a sound file which brought my attention back to NT. Out of curiosity (or habit), I checked the pop-up/context menu and voila it was there.

While I definitely don't think the problem is solved (i.e., I don't know the cause and I don't know how it magically was resolved), I am happy the options are back.
            Last edited by mcatmull; 08-04-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your posts.

Please select CL 09-13 in the Orders tab of the Control Center window. Do you see updates to the bid, ask and last price fields or is 'n/a' shown?
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes updates are occuring

Comment

Hello,

Does the chart update in real-time as well?

Comment

Yes. Please see my latest reply before your initial reply. "Stuff" is now working. The problem is as I stated:

I don't know the cause and I don't know how it magically was resolved
                    While I wanted to do some serious backtesting on an idea I had this weekend, I spent the majority it firstly looking for the solution again and secondly then having to attempt to the backtesting manually.

Comment

Being a former coder for a living, I always hated the situations where the "bug" was not easily repoducible. That being said is there some sort of code attached to the pop-up/context menu whereby it would turn off some of the menu options. Possibly for non-paid NT users.

Comment

Hello,

Not in cases where it was possible to enable the Chart Trader inteface itself which I believe is enabled in the images you've provided.

Comment

As an aside (but related), Do I need to find the appropriate contract for the date(s) I am "replaying". In other works if I want to test the month of July on the CL futures contract. Do I need to find the two contacts so assignment will not occur (i.e., I believe CL 07-13 for the first 20 or so days and then CL 08-13 for the remainder of the month)?

Comment

Great!!! The problem is back again!!!

I did notice the screen momentarily flash blank. When the chart returned (in less than a second), it stopped updating.

Now, the chart is not updating and the Bid/Ask fields are missing.

Comment

Okay, it is back again. Whew!! All I did (which I was sure I had done the previous time) was to re-download the data and re-connect to the replay data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post zstheorist  
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rehmans