X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a Scheduled Flatten All, I Have to Restart NT

Hi all,

thanks in advance for any help.

I have my system set up to automatically flatten all positions at 4:14pm, as set up in the miscellaneous tab of options.

When I come home and find everything closed, and all strategies disabled, if I try to reenable strategies, they will just hang and not trade. I need to close and restart NT, which takes about 20 minutes. Any reason why?

- O

Hello outstretchedarm,

You Strategies would be disabled because the Flatten Everything command will disable all active running strategies.

Could you clarify what you mean by hangs? Like the color of the Strategy Name cell is it Green or Yellow? Do you see it loading data?

Also, do you have manual positions that you want closed out as well as automated strategy positions that you would like closed out which is why you are using the "Flatten All Positions" method?

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The strategies , once renenabled, go green, but do not trade. they just sit there. I have to restart NT to get them trading again.

we are discussing purely automated strategy and positions at this point

Comment

Hello outstretchedarm,

While, I do not see any issue with the "Flatten Everything" at a specific time. If you would like to not have to re-enable your strategy, you may want to no use the "Flatten Everything" as use a Time Filter or trigger to do what you would like to keep your strategy automated.

Here is a reference on how this can be done that you may view.

Let us know if this will work for you.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, but you're not getting what I'm saying. I have *no* problem with re-enabling my time strategy after flatten all has disabled all strategies.

I have a problem with having to close NT, then boot it up again, in order for the strategies to work.

Comment

At this point, you would need to add some debug statements to determine where the strategy is getting hung up. For example, does it complete the Initialize and OnStartup routine and get to OnBarUpdate?

If it gets to OnBarUpdate, at what point does it stop? You can confirm this just by adding Print() statements at various areas throughout your code. At the point the strategy stops taking further trades, you should be able to analyze the output window and see where the OnBarUpdate stopped printing, and then we can investigate what was occurring around that time to see what may be preventing that from continuing.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes