Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market profile

Hi

Can ninjatrader be configured to provide market profile? I can't find it but was recommended to use it. thanks.

Hello Monty,

Thank you for your forum post.

A type of Market Profile within NinjaTrader can be accessed by using the indicator "Volume Zones"

Otherwise unfortunately NinjaTrader does not come pre-installed with a Market Profile indicator.

The only providers I know for a fact that offer this indicator are Final Financial Algorithms: http://fin-alg.com/ and Rancho Dinero: http://www.ranchodinero.com/

Here is a Free version of TPO Market Profile available on the support forum:

To import indicators you will need the original .zip file.

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import indicators.

To Import
    1. Download the indicator to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some indicators, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will NT 8 come up with a pre-installed Market Profile Indicator which can display classic TPO-Profiles (and Volume Profiles)?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Thompson,

Unfortunately I do not know if the TPO Volume Profile charts will be included in the release of NinjaTrader 8.

You can view the following webinars on NinjaTrader 8 that were presented on Big Mike's Trading forum from the links below:

Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thanks Ryan! Will look at those.

It would be great to have market profile tools as default indicators in Ninjatrader like most other trading platforms have without spending additional eg 900$ for the Rancho Dinero stuff.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
          Hello Thompson,

Unfortunately I do not know if the TPO Volume Profile charts will be included in the release of NinjaTrader 8.

You can view the following webinars on NinjaTrader 8 that were presented on Big Mike's Trading forum from the links below:

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
            Hi

Can ninjatrader be configured to provide market profile? I can't find it but was recommended to use it. thanks.

Comment

market profile

Hey there, I am also searching for market profile and I got this thread. Thanks Monty.

Comment

Market Profile

I also have found this market Profile but it has a problem on this lines and i don't know the way to solve it

if(CurrentBar == 0)
                {
                startTime = new DateTime(Bars.SessionBegin.Year, Bars.SessionBegin.Month, Bars.SessionBegin.Day, StartTime.Hours, StartTime.Minutes, StartTime.Seconds);
                endTime = new DateTime(Bars.SessionBegin.Year, Bars.SessionBegin.Month, Bars.SessionBegin.Day, EndTime.Hours, EndTime.Minutes, EndTime.Seconds);
                splitTime = new DateTime(Bars.SessionBegin.Year, Bars.SessionBegin.Month, Bars.SessionBegin.Day, SplitTime.Hours, SplitTime.Minutes, SplitTime.Seconds);
                }

maybe it was for another version of ninja trader or something like that!

I also attach the indicator!
                Attached Files

Comment

there`s a tutorial or how it works or read?, thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin