Connection Problems With CQG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Problems With CQG

Hello. For the last couple of days I've had several instances where my connection gets lost. I've rebooted my modem and router several times but the problem persists. Can you help? Thx.

Chuck

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

FWIW- I'm connected to CQG and MBT. Over the last week I've had maybe 3 CQG disconnects while MBT stays connected, so it looks like perhaps CQG is the source of the difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
        FWIW- I'm connected to CQG and MBT. Over the last week I've had maybe 3 CQG disconnects while MBT stays connected, so it looks like perhaps CQG is the source of the difficulty.
        Different brokerage adapters have different thresholds of sensitivity for packet loss and latency. CQG will be one of the first to notify you as the timeout period is much lower than other technologies. We work very closely with CQG on these items and have not had any global reports in quite some time regarding this behavior.

We typically find that these are isolated incidents related to different routers between the local client and the brokerage servers. If you've been seeing an increase of connection time outs, please send in your diagnostic files to support and we'll be happy to help you pinpoint and resolve the behavior.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I have the same problem. Ping timeout and connection lost.

CQG says its my ISP.

My ISP says its CQG.

Download PingPlotter (free 30 day trial) and you can see if you have any data loss or bottlenecks.

CQG uses the following connection IP/Port:

IP = 208.48.16.130
          port = 31654

I'm seeing 10-20% packet loss along the path to the destination server at CQG. So I'm kind of stumped.

It wouldn't be such a major problem but it takes CQG 1-2 minutes to reconnect which is just absurd.

I will be looking at other data providers.

Comment

Hello,

So that I may investigate please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The trace file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need a copy of the 'trace.20130730.txt' file.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can You Check My Log & Trace Files Again & other questions

This morning I have lost my CQG connection dozens of times. What I do NOT understand is how I can lose the connection to the data feed but I can still access the internet? Can someone please answer that for me?

My broker doesn't report any problems so I called my ISP to come out tomorrow to check it out. But in the meantime I'm wondering if you guys can check my files again. Also, I'm wondering if it is possible that virus, spyware or firewall could be contributing to the problem. Following is what I have activated:

1) AVG
              2) Spybot
              3) Windows Firewall

Thanks

Comment

If a connection exceeds the threshold a disconnect will be reported however other providers may have a larger threshold and may continue to show as connected and you may still have internet access at that time.

If you would like me to review files from today please forward them to me as outlined in post #2.

Comment

OK Chris, but what about my question about AVG, Spybot and windows firewall?

Comment

I apologize yes I have seen security software cause issues with connections as well. As a test please close NinjaTrader then disable any security software you have running on your PC then start NinjaTrader once again.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                      I apologize yes I have seen security software cause issues with connections as well. As a test please close NinjaTrader then disable any security software you have running on your PC then start NinjaTrader once again.
                      So you would disable AVG, Spybot and windows firewall?

Comment

Yes to test I would disable them then if you do not see the issue I would then enable them 1 at a time testing between to narrow down which application maybe causing the issue.

Comment

I am having Amp/CQG connection problems also since 8:30a ET twice every hour or so. I will send you my trace file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post briansaul  
                          Started by fwendolynlpxz, Today, 05:19 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post fwendolynlpxz