Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how do I get historical data from Opentick into Ninja..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I get historical data from Opentick into Ninja..?

Hi all
    I have subscribed to Opentick for their free CBOT E-Mini's data.
    I can connect to Opentick with Ninjatrader but how do I load Opentick historical data?

cheers,
    Deadline99

File > New > Chart --> Select an instrument and you should see a chart.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This seems to be the best thread to post this on.

For 2 days now, I have been unable to get historical data from OT. As far as I can tell, the RT servers are ok.

The last bar that I have for ER2 03-08 is 02/27/08 1:24:17. I pulled up the Task Manager and switched to the Networking tab. As far as I can tell the data is being sent done.

I added a New Chart for ES 03-08 and set bars back to 2. Last date was 02/27/08 1:24:17 PM.

I added a new chart for YM 03-08 and set days back to 3. With the Task Manager running and looking at the Networking tab is appeared that the historical data was being sent down. Last bar was 02/27/08 1:31:41 PM.

Running version 6.5.0.8

Additional information. Wed, the 27th, I was unable to connect/login to OT in the morning. Late Wed afternoon, I was able to log in and get historical data for ER2. That is the last time that I was able to get historical data for ER2.
      Last edited by scjohn; 02-29-2008, 08:08 AM. Reason: added additional information

Comment

Thank you for your post.

I was able to get the data for these instruments. Please follow the steps listed below.

1) Connect to Opentick (File--> Connect--> Opentick)
        2) File--> New--> Chart
        3) Instrument ER 03-08, Days back 15, 1 minute
        4) Chart loaded fine
        5) Completed the same steps for the ER2 and the YM both charts loaded.

Please be sure the Last Date field in the Format Data Series is set to today's date.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jessica; 02-29-2008, 09:08 AM.
        JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My Last Date field is 2/29/2008. I am using/used volume charts for all symbols. So I would be request tick data.

I was able to get 1-minute data for YM. I went back and tried volume data again but the data stopped at 02/27/09 @ 1:36:38 PM and then picked up 2/29/08 @ 9:36:12. No data for 02/28/08 at all.

Session Begin/End is set at 12:00 AM
          Last edited by scjohn; 02-29-2008, 10:12 AM. Reason: Additional information concering 1-minute data and retry of YM data.

Comment

Connecting

Hello,

Please try to reload the data from the Control Center -> Tools -> Historical Data -> Reload.

Let me know if this fills in the missing data.

Comment

Used the Historical Data reload as you suggested on YM 03-08. Date Range was set to 2/26/2008 - 2/29/2008. For Interval I had Tick, Volume, Second, Range checked. Again the data stopped at 02/27/09 @ 1:36:38 PM and then picked up 2/29/08 @ 9:36:12. No data for 02/28/08 at all.

I now have another gap in the data for YM that starts at 2/29/09 @ 9:41 and end at 2/29/08 @ 12:04 PM.. Using a 250 volume chart.

Again using the Network tab of the Task Manager window, it appeared that the historical data was being downloaded.

Comment

Connecting

Hello,

We only display the data that is provided to us from your data feed. It is possible that this data is lost and you will not be able to reload it from OpenTick.

Please contact OpenTick to see if the data is lost.

Comment

I'm having a similar problem with Open Tick data

I had half of the tick data missing from 27th Feb. This was discussed in an earlier thread and was not resolved. Today until about 12:10 EST I had all tick data for 28th Feb and today's data from US Market open coming through for the Russell 2000 (RUT) just fine. Now all tick data for 28th Feb has disappeared and I only have the current bar for today so all data from 13:15 EST on 27th Feb has suddenly gone. Reloading historical data makes no difference.

Penelope

Comment

Connecting

Hello,

Please try repairing your DB from the Control Center -> Tools -> Options -> Misc tab -> Repair DB.

If this does not help, please contact OpenTick as we only display what is provided to us.

Comment

tick data from Open Tick

Hi Chris

I tried the DB repair and it doesn't sort out the tick data problem.

I'll email Open Tick support and tell them about this.

I just tried changing to a time chart (15 minutes) and all data comes through fine and I have no missing data at all.......

Does that give you any further insight into this problem?

Penelope

Comment

Connecting

Hello,

I have connected to my OpenTick account as well to try and reproduce the issue you are facing.

I was able to reproduce your inquiry. Please contact OpenTick about this inquiry.

Comment

There does not appear to be anything on their forum about this but that does not mean a whole lot.

Comment

scjohn - I've sent a detailed email to Simon at support at Open Tick after talking to him on the phone. Hopefully I'll hear back from him early Monday.

Penelope

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I have not been able to load any historical data on any of the stocks from open tick. Part of the reason I use them was for EOD data and my last date is on the 19th of February. If you do hear from them, I would greatly appreciate it if you post their response on here. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DanielTynera  
                              Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post yertle