Trade Station to Ninja with Vista via email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Station to Ninja with Vista via email

I can not get the Trade Station to Ninja interface working using new Vista system. I have a development system using XP that I want to use to write code and I want to run it on the new Vista system that I bougt specifically to trade with. The XP System works GREAT but doing the exact same motions on the Vista I just can not make it work.

In the TradeStation::TradeManager::Preferences
    - Notification TAB
    Enable e-mail notification [ Configure ]
    From and To work GREAT sending to my email address using
    smtp.comcast.net

but if I use LOCALHOST it continues to send me a empty error message pop up.. and I can never get the message received at the ATI in the log of the NinjaTrader Control Center.

Anyone have any clues?

Thanks,

Hi,

Can you please verify you do not have another SMTP server running on your PC upon sending the test message and make sure that any other competetitve product is uninstalled.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How would I find out what competitive products are using smtp? I have Outlook And Windows Mail.. and I'm using Window's Mail cuz I kept having problems with Outlook.

Uninstalled all of the Office stuff that had Outlook and it still no worky.
      Last edited by jon_lbs; 02-28-2008, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Really what we are looking for is that there are not other SMTP servers running on your PC. I unfotunately would not know how to determine that since there a lot of programs that could run an SMTP server.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Vista is definitely not the issue. I have run TS to NT via SMTP on Vista for months with no issues.

jj

Comment

Jon,

I'm trying to set this up too, exactly as you are on a brand new Vista system. I was having the same error message. I finally figured out that I was leaving out one important step! Re-reading the setup instructions I found this:

7. Enable the Automated Trading Interface via File-->AT Interface within the Control Center window (a pale green "ATI" will light up in lower right hand corner of the Control Center window)

Once I did this then the error went away! I feel pretty dumb, but just thought I'd post this in case you accidentally did the same thing. Or at least it may prompt you to go back through all the steps to double check things:

Josh

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post yertle
            by yertle

Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
            0 responses