OpenTick and QLD QID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenTick and QLD QID

I just downloaded NinjaTrader Beta and I'm very impressed. I converted many of my systems very quickly and was up in running. I love the charts and the interface. However I have an issue with OpenTick that I've had with other platforms and hoping there is a work around for NinjaTrader as well.

Has anyone successfully loaded symbols QLD or QID from OpenTick into NinjaTrader? These ETF's trade on the Amex exchange, but when you select Amex in the instrument panel, it brings back very incomplete data which is easily exposed on the 1 minute bars.

I had this very situation using OpenTick with RightEdge. The solution was to use the *T* exchange in OpenTick. That brought all the complete bars down for these two ETF's. I advised OpenTick that this was a little strange as the *T* exchange refers to the Nasdaq and these clearly trade on the AMEX. Their helpdesk promptly explained that perhaps they now trade on the Nasdaq. You can see where that conversation was headed. I didn't rock the boat, I was just happy to get good data.

So, I'm now in the same situation with NinjaTrader. The Amex exchange brings down incomplete data and unfortunately, the same results when I use the Nasdaq exchange and many others.

So, is anyone getting good bars for QLD and QID from OpenTick? I'd love to hear how your getting it done.

I'm having a similar issue getting real time data for Amex ETFs with OpenTick and NT 6.5 beta 10.

For example, when trying to load SLV (Amex) using:

Type: Stock
    Name: SLV
    Exchange: Amex

I get an error stating: "You need to select and instrument".

If I use default as the exchange setting, I get multiple errors stating: "Error on loading chart data for 'SLV Default': No Data (1003)", but some data loads cutting off approximately 3 hours prior to the current time (using 1 min charts).

Can someone on the support team confirm this problem, and provide a workaround if one exists?

thanks.

Comment

You would need to contact OT to find the valid <symbol> and <exchange> code for your instrument. Next you would need to set the OT mapping for this instrument to <symbol>|<exchange>.

Comment

Thanks for the help Dierk. The problem was that I had included the <> in the symbol mapping i.e. <SLV>|<A>, instead of SLV|A.

Here is the OT symbol lookup btw, for anyone who may need it.

opentick.com is your first and best source for all of the information you&#8217;re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, opentick.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post gentlebenthebear  
        Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes