Partial Fills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial Fills

If I get a partial fill running a simple bracket strategy (stop loss and profit target), will NT

(1) set the bracket first with the quantites of the partial fill and complete the bracket at a later stage or
    (2) wait for a complete fill before setting the bracket?

Can I choose from (1) or (2)?

I am asking this question because a partial fill in FOREX (IB IdealPro) could be a smaller quantity (something like 0,02 M) and therefore the bracket (stop and target orders) would be rejected or executed under Ideal (which has spread/commissions about 7 times higher than IdealPro). I have not tested it yet, because it is cheaper to ask first...

Thanks for your answer.

Hi Harry,

NT will process as per option 1. There is no option to change this. For clarification...this answer is in the context of an ATM strategy only. For NinjaScript strategies, the option does exist.

Is the 0.2M fill theoretical or have you in fact witnessed this?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

the IB FOREX implementation of NT is new, so I have not yet connected NT/FOREX to my live account. I have witnessed executions through IDEAL with my simulation account - and I have learned (from Elite Trading) that others have had similar problems with their live accounts....

I would really like to define minimum lot sizes (but I guess this is not compatible with IB's logic).

By the way, can NT transmit the OCO logic along with the orders to IB ? (IB supports OCO simulation on their servers...). And what is the OCO option on the dome for?

Comment

Thanks.

NT does submit OCO logic with bracket orders to IB. The OCO simulation is done on their servers for IB, not local on your PC.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OCO option on DOME

What is the OCO option on the dome for? Could not find that on the INDEX.

Comment

ATM Strategies ( Discretionary Trading)

Hello Harry,

The OCO feature within the SuperDOM allows you to place one cances other orders. Additional information can be found in the link below.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post traderqz