Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last candle in chart disapper while backtesting

Hi,

I have problem with disappearing last candle in chart. It happens while backtesting. Problem occures after I tuch bottom scroll bar and move chart in time. Last candle in visible section disapper. See pictures in atachment.

I can solve this problem, when I clic chart to present and move back without touching scroll bar. (By scroll mouse, or only clicking arrows left, right without touching scroll bar) But this is not solution and functionality is limited.

Problem occured one year back and remain in all previous versions NT.

My version a and system:
    NT: 64 bit 7.0.1000.13 (direct live)
    Win 7 Home Premium - Service Pack 1
    Notebook Ausus: K40IN / K50IN series
    Intel (R) Core (TM) 2DUO CPU T6600 @2.20 Ghz 2,20 Ghz
    NVIDIA GEForce G102 M
    4 GB Ram
    Use 1 notebook screen and external LCD
    Attached Files

Hello jirik,

Thank you for your post.

In each of your screenshots I see that the black triangle in the top left hand corner of your chart is present (looks a lot like the Play/Pause button on an old VCR). If you left click this triangle it will bring you back to the most current data on the chart.

Please let me know if you left click on the triangle and still do not see the most recent bar on the chart.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I know about that button (it is on the right side, not left). You are right, that button works as you described, but this does not solve my problem. My problem is, the candle disappear while backtesting - that means when I list old data.

For example today is 27 May. I need to backtest data from 24 May. So I list chart back to 24 May. After I do so and moove bottom scroll bar left or right, problem occures. No matter how much I moove (1 minute, 30 minutes etc.), last candle of screen is always missing. Problem is fixed by clicking on button Play/Pause. But in present I can not do backtesting. Do you understand my problem?

Comment

Originally posted by jirik View Post
        Hi Patrick,

I know about that button (it is on the right side, not left). You are right, that button works as you described, but this does not solve my problem. My problem is, the candle disappear while backtesting - that means when I list old data.

For example today is 27 May. I need to backtest data from 24 May. So I list chart back to 24 May. After I do so and moove bottom scroll bar left or right, problem occures. No matter how much I moove (1 minute, 30 minutes etc.), last candle of screen is always missing. Problem is fixed by clicking on button Play/Pause. But in present I can not do backtesting. Do you understand my problem?
        Remove indicators until you find the one that is causing the problem.

That'll be step #1 in solving this problem.

I'm going to guess It might be the one with the "........" in the top panel causing the problem.

Comment

Problem remains

Thank you Patrick,

I have opened new chart without indicators and problem remains. See attachment.

To specify behaviour - to avoid problem, I must not touch and move bottom scroll bar. So I usually move back by mouse scrolling or clicking bottom left, right arrow. Candle hides only when I touch and move bottom scroll bar.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jirik View Post
            Thank you Patrick,

I have opened new chart without indicators and problem remains. See attachment.

To specify behaviour - to avoid problem, I must not touch and move bottom scroll bar. So I usually move back by mouse scrolling or clicking bottom left, right arrow. Candle hides only when I touch and move bottom scroll bar.
            I'm not Patrick - lol.

Anyways - interesting.

When you say 'backtest', are you in Market Replay? Or strategy analyzer reviewing your trades?

In Market Replay, I brought up a 1 minute chart of ES 06-13, enabled the scroll bar, moved it backwards, and used the keyboard arrow keys to go forward and backwards.

The far right candle is always there.

If I use the mouse to scroll back, then use the keyboard, same thing, the far right candle is always there.

Comment

Problem remains

Hi Sledge,

sorry for my confusion

I am not in Market replay, because it is not suitable for me. Thats why I use actual connection (Zen Fiere) and I move back in chart. I mark trades by drawing tools (It is faster for me). I also use 1 minute chart.

Now I have been watching behaviour and I see some change. Problem occures even I use mouse scroll to move back in chart. It seems to me that problem is caused by moving in history, no matter which way I use.

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              I'm not Patrick - lol.

Anyways - interesting.

When you say 'backtest', are you in Market Replay? Or strategy analyzer reviewing your trades?

In Market Replay, I brought up a 1 minute chart of ES 06-13, enabled the scroll bar, moved it backwards, and used the keyboard arrow keys to go forward and backwards.

The far right candle is always there.

If I use the mouse to scroll back, then use the keyboard, same thing, the far right candle is always there.

Comment

Problem solved

Hi Sledge and Patrick,

I have just solved problem:

Properties - Window Chart properties - Axis - Equidistant bar spacing - "true".

My setting was "false", this had been causing problem. Correct setting is "true".

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jiří

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Option Whisperer  
                Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM