Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Not Connecting

Hi,
    This morning my IB account will not connect. It has been stuck at "connecting - InteractiveBrokers". TWS does actually open and is working and the Data light is green. I use Kinetick as my primary data feed and that connects and is working fine. Any thoughts?
    Worked just fine last week. I tried to confirm the TWS version but when I pull down the "help" "about traderworkstation" menu it stays on my screen for about 2 seconds before disappearing.

I did confirm I am using TWS 927.7

My PC did do an update to Java this morning although I believe everything worked fine after that for a while and again my TWS does start and functions normally just doesn't complete the connection process with NT.
    Last edited by Marklhc1988; 05-20-2013, 09:54 AM.

Hello Marklhc1988,

Can you please go to Control center-->Tools-->Account Connections, highlight the IB connection and click Change. Click Next twice and check if 'Run-time pop up handling' is enabled. If so, please disable it and finish the connection.

Restart NinjaTrader and check if you can see the TWS version number.

Check if the TWS API settings are configured as the screenshot in the IB connection guide below.

TWS version 927 includes the new Mosaic interface. Make sure the Advanced Order Management window is not closed. If so, please select New Window-->Advanced Order Management in the Mosaic interface and subsequently re-connect.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I followed your instructions and yes the "Run-time pop up handling" was checked. I un-checked it and restarted everything (my whole computer) and it connected as normal! You guys are the best! I don't think there is another company in the world that responds as quick as you guys do.

Thanks a bunch,
      Mark

Comment

Glad to hear that did the trick, and thank you so much for the kind words!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Oh dear.. I think I spoke too soon. Problem back again. I am running TWS version 927.7 and java version 7 update 21. I am wondering if Java is the problem as I went with a Java update this morning even though my gut was telling me everything is fine don't mess with it...

Comment

Hello Marklhc1988,

Thanks for your note.

There is an issue with TWS 927.7 and Java 7 Update 21.

It may correct the issue to use Java 7 Update 17 which you can find a download for from the link below.
            http://www.oldapps.com/java.php

You will need to un-install Java 7 Update 21 before installing this version.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post futtrader  
            Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
            1 response
            0 likes