new chart is blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new chart is blank

i was able to open up my /es e mini chart and set it up all up the way i want. now im trying to open up a new chart with /cl. i click on the s&p then down to CL. i double click it to open it and hit okay, then a chart window pops up but its all empty. i tried changing the tick/time and still no luck. any ideas? thanks!

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument expiry have you selected for the CL?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lance View Post
      What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument expiry have you selected for the CL?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      version is 7.0.1000.13

ZF

instrument expiry? where do i check that?

interval im guessing my settings...i have tick at 1600 loading past 5 days.

errors: since the chart is blank...i hit buy market just to try it and it says "you must be connected and within the active hours of the chart's session template to submit an order"

Comment

is it because I am using the ZF demo?

Comment

Begin typing directly onto the chart "CL 06-13" without the quotes. The 06-13 is the expiry. If you type CL without the expiry you would be pulling up the stock Colgate-Palmolive which you would not have access to through Zen-Fire.

For more information on modifying and creating charts please see: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm

You could also add the CL 06-13 to the default instrument list you're using so that you could select it from the dropdown in the upper left of the chart: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ment_lists.htm

Additionally I'm providing you with the following useful educational links.
          Free Online Training Courses: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webinars.php
          Free Video Library: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...eo_library.htm
          NinjaTrader YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaTraderLLC
          Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/index.html

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

you guys are awesome thanks for the help. rookie <--

Comment

Happy to help.

Rollover for the CL is coming up soon.

And I wanted to provide you with the following info for when you need to rollover an instrument in your instrument list.

Please follow the instructions below to rollover the expiration date of a futures contracts.

From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
              Highlight the contract you wish to rollover in the left side of the Instrument Manager window
              Press the ">" button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
              Press the "<" button and the instrument should re-appear with the front month expiration date

Comment

blank charts

charts are blank,data is streaming and running ensign but NT charts are blank?

Comment

error message on blank charts says sever busy etc but its been 3 days

Comment

What instrument have you selected?

Comment

latest nt version
                      zen fire from mirus
                      july crude oil
                      any interval or chart type
                      error pop up window,sez server out of wack

Comment

error

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for that information.

First please restart NinjaTrader.

If the issues persists please try decreasing the amount of historical data being requested by right clicking your chart -> DataSeries -> Days to load (decrease this to a small value for testing)

The backup historical data server is currently in use and the primary will be restored this weekend. During this time the total amount of historical data requested can be more limited.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by ezrollin, 02-26-2022, 11:14 PM
                          7 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post kenz987
                          by kenz987

Started by rocketman7, Today, 08:34 PM
                          0 responses