IQ Feed error or ninja error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQ Feed error or ninja error?

I am using range bars but on midnight 12AM EST a new range bar appears even though the price may have not moved (range bars only form when price moves). I have set the instrument to default 24/7 (i attached a picture)

Any help would be appriciated
    Attached Files

Hello gerald560,

Thanks for the screenshot.

That is because it was at the end of a Session. Using the Default 24/7 Session Template a trading session will be defined as 12AM to 12AM each day Sunday through Saturday.

If you do not want the Range bars to break at 12AM every day then you may create a custom session template. Note that the longest Session that you can define is a week. For example if you go to Tools -> Session Manager, you may press the New button to create a new Session Template. Once you have named your Session Template you can press the Add button and then define your session time like Sunday to Saturday 12:00AM to 12:00AM to make the entire week one session. Then press the Save button.

Now you can apply the Session Template to your chart and you will not see the line at that date nor a new bar until the next week or the price breaks out.

Here is a link to our Help Guide that you may view for more information on the Session Manager.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rene69851  
    Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes