SIM101 account and TD FEED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIM101 account and TD FEED

Hi i just connected to TD ameritrade feed. But for some reason under strategy tab on the dashboard, the option to "enable" strategy disappears. I'm trying to paper trade on the SUM101 account. Is that possible w/ TDA? I know I can do it with IQFEED..

Also how do I SIM test bucket of stocks?? On the dashboard it doesn't let you select "which" stocks your strategy should be testing

Comment

Hi Calhawk01,

Thank you for posting.

Can you provide a screenshot of the strategy tab?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file.

When replying to the post, click go advanced. To add an attachment use the paperclip from the top toolbar.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

http://take-a-screenshot.org/

You will need to apply the strategy to each instrument you want to test.
      Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
        Hi Calhawk01,

Thank you for posting.

Can you provide a screenshot of the strategy tab?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file.

When replying to the post, click go advanced. To add an attachment use the paperclip from the top toolbar.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer

You will need to apply the strategy to each instrument you want to test.

I ended up running the strategy via chart. It's working properly and my dashboard has the orders etc. Even the strategy tab is populated with the strategy name etc. I will send you the screenshot tomorrow when I turn off chart+strategy. I believe the dashboard tab for strategy will be blank then.

why do I have to apply the strategy to each stock? Can't I run a strategy on a "list" of stocks? how will I do that? as of right now I'm running one symbol's chart and running the strategy on it. I will have to open up 500 charts to run the strategy on each one of them?

thx

Comment

Hi Calhawk01,

Unfortunately, you cannot run a list of stocks with one strategy. Each strategy will need to be added to each instrument. However, you do not have to add a new chart for each strategy.

You add strategies in the strategy tab by right click in the tab and selecting 'New Strategy'.
          The strategy window will appear which will allow you to select the strategy, parameters and which instrument you want to run it on.

Below is a link to the online guide on the strategies tab.
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...egies_tab2.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
          Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes