Entry/Exit not in the right place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry/Exit not in the right place

I want to review all my past trades for the day, and when I click "show markers" on my workspace, all the entry/exit plots are not in the right place.

What I mean by this is : sometimes it shows I'll take a trade in the middle of my chart, nowhere near any price bars.. or it even shows them on the wrong day. I took a trade today at 9AM and the entry marker shows I placed the trade yesterday at 7PM... makes NO sense.

Not all show markers are placed wrong, but 50% usually are and I'm finally fed up with it.

How do I fix this?
    Last edited by bau250; 05-07-2013, 05:22 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Which data provider do you use with NinjaTrader?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

AMPfutures CQG

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

As ticks come into NinjaTrader in real-time, they are time stamped based on your local PC time.

Let's say you have a tick (tick "A") with a time stamp of 10:31:00 AM which gets packaged into the 10:32:00 AM bar and happens to be the high of that bar. An hour later, you reload historical data from your historical data provider into NinjaTrader. This process will overwrite the existing data. The 10:32:00 AM bar now looks different since the high made by TICK "A" is now part of the prior bar, 10:31:00 AM. How is this possible?

Your PC clock could have been off so the time stamp is delayed

Your internet may have been lagging so the tick came in slightly delayed and therefore the time stamp is delayed

Due to standard latency, even 50ms delay (which is normal) could be the difference between a 10:30:59 and 10:31:00 time stamp

It should be possible to minimize the impact of this in the future by syncing the PC's clock periodically.

Please use the steps below to sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.
        You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I have synced my time with nist.gov.

To throw in confusion, I noticed my 440T chart is the only time frame chart (and coincidently my main trading chart) is the only one that does this. My 144T chart shows all entries at the time I taken them exactly.

So is this still a problem with my data feed OR is it my chart?

Comment

Hello,

I don't believe it to be an issue with the data source or the data set used in the chart - I think that this is caused by a your PC and the server not being in sync on time. We'll need to take a look at future results since the clock has been reset to determine whether this did the trick however.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani  
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes