Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to download End of Day data with NinjaTrader

Hello,

I'm trying to get the End of Day price for several instruments traded in LSE and getting errors with both, Google and Yahoo finance, even though I can open the symbols in those 2 sites.

For example, I can get to the historical data of the following instrument:

Discover historical prices for GB0030939002.L stock on Yahoo Finance. View daily, weekly or monthly formats back to when M&G Japan Smaller Companies GBP A Acc stock was issued.

However if then I create a new instrument for the LSE exchange with the symbol MG_JAPA_SMAL_1TWM3YE for Google and GB0030939002.L for Yahoo I get the following problems when I try to download from the Historical Data Manager:

1. For Google (Day/Last): Error on reloading data. Failed to retrieve data from Google (Panic)
    2. For Yahoo (Day/Last): it doesn't fail but it doesn't download the correct data, have a look at the file attached, total different prices

Any idea what's the problem and how to fix it or work around it?

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please provide a link to the Yahoo and Google finance pages for the two symbols.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I tried with a couple of examples of some funds that I saw working in Multicharts:

Discover historical prices for GB0030939002.L stock on Yahoo Finance. View daily, weekly or monthly formats back to when M&G Japan Smaller Companies GBP A Acc stock was issued.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please provide the exact symbol you've entered in the Google page? The link you've provided does not resolve itself correctly.

Comment

For checking the charts it's just

Find the latest M&G Japan Smaller Companies GBP A Acc (GB0030939002.L) stock quote, history, news and other vital information to help you with your stock trading and investing.

I got the other links when double checking I could access the historical data.

The symbol for Yahoo is more straight forward, but it doesn't seem to work either...

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, neither of the links provided will work when I try them here. Please provide the symbols you're using so that I may try to find the correct settings another way here. Please provide just the symbols rather than another link.

Comment

I think that's the problem I was having as well, I was having problems from NT.

The symbols are those provided:

* GB0030939002.L => for Yahoo Financials
              * MG_JAPA_SMAL_1TWM3YE => for Google Finance

With those symbols you can access the charts in those 2 websites, access their historical data (with the links provided in the 1st post) and Multicharts can connect and download the data but NT is having some kind of problem and either failing to connect (in Google) or retrieving the wrong information (in Yahoo).

If you try to connect to the Yahoo server it will connect, but it will download something different to what's stored in Yahoo for that symbol :S

Comment

Hello,

On which exchange would I find the instrument which Google lists as MG_JAPA_SMAL_1TWM3YE?

Comment

It trades on the London Exchange:

Comment

Hello mickael28,

When I test it on Yahoo, I load data as expected, see screenshot. I have both the Default and Lse exchanges enabled. I use GB0030939002.L as symbol map for Yahoo.

Please proceed as follows. Remove the instrument you created in the Instrument Manager. Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Delete the cache and day folders.

Start NinjaTrader and create a new instrument as per the screenshots. Create a daily chart and check if data is loaded as expected.
                    Attached Files
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks for the screenshots Jason!, the problem was that the tick size in my settings was set to 1 rather than 0.01 and that was creating a problem in the data that was being downloaded from Yahoo/Google.

Thanks again!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by merc410, Today, 03:41 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post merc410
                      by merc410

Started by Graci117, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                      2 responses