Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Data for Market Replay

Hi Support,
    How to download tick data such that I would have an accurate market replay while trying my strategies versus historical downloaded price information for a certain symbol...
    I always download L1, and L2 but comparing this to real market level ticks there is a huge difference and the downloaded data for market replay is omitting most of the tick data that is very sufficient to try the accuracy of strategies.
    Thanks

Originally posted by mosalem2003 View Post
    Hi Support,
    How to download tick data such that I would have an accurate market replay while trying my strategies versus historical downloaded price information for a certain symbol...
    I always download L1, and L2 but comparing this to real market level ticks there is a huge difference and the downloaded data for market replay is omitting most of the tick data that is very sufficient to try the accuracy of strategies.
    Thanks
    I think this is expected.

Market Replay recording appears to be a sample. (I can't find that post, grrrrrr )
    Maybe I am wrong in remembering what I have read (senile these days?), anyways, I found this:

I do remember this post about the simulation engine which might affect replay results:

Comment

Hello mosalem2003,

Market Replay data should closely match the live market for futures. Although it there can be some missing tick because the market replay data is aggregated to 1/4 second intervals.

Could you clarify what major differences you are seeing?

Here is a thread that goes over the slight differences. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=38168
      JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Option Whisperer  
      Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
      3 responses