Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection lost kinetick

hi .

since yesterday I'm in a shortposition based on my strategy.
    During the night I;ve lost connection with Kinetick .(2.57am)
    I'm not protected anymore according to settings of my strategy.

All restart attempts on connection loss apparently failed
    When I want to recover the connection with kinetick I've to disconnect and connect again kinetick manually. Result: a disabled strategy.

when I load the strategy again and enable the strategy it will not protect the "old" position and will double the position if there is a short position again. . I want to enable the strategy again and use the settings and conditions from the beginning of our trade.

1- What do I have to do in this case and continue the old position?
    2- How can I disconnect and connect Kinetick without having this problem? How do I set the ninjascript on connection loss?
    3- I have connectionproblems with Kinetick again and again. How can I prevent this?
    4- Is this kinetickconnectionproblem known to NT and is this common.

I would like to set up NT such that I do not have to manually refresh the data feed connection and re-enable the strategy. My goal is that despite the connection loss I get a reconnection and most important my strategies keep running, since I trade overnight strategies

Hope you have a quick solution because I'm still in position

thx in advance

Hello theodorus,

You can use the options at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Strategies-->NinjaScript-tab to determine how a strategy will behave when you apply it. Please see the link below for information.

So if you select the 'Immediately submit live working historical orders', it will not wait for a flat position state to resume.

Automated strategies are always disabled when you manually disconnect. The settings in the Strategies-->NinjaScript-tab allow you to configure the behavior of strategies during disconnections as well. More information can be found at the following link.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:

ISP issues
    Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

KineTick uses the following IP addresses and ports.

*.interquote.com
    *.7ticks.com

Port 31654
    Port 60020

Make sure these are not blocked/interfered on your computer (firewall, security software) or internet connection setup (modem, router and ISP).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason.

Thx for the reply.

So I have to start up the connection manually?

Which settings in the strategy can I use best in my current shortposition in my account concerning "on starting a realtime strategy", "on conection loss" and "order handling" without doubling the shortposition?
      How do I set "sync account position"? False or true?
      So I want to continue as nothing happened before.

thx in advance
      Last edited by theodorus; 05-02-2013, 03:41 AM.

Comment

When you experience a disconnection, NinjaTrader will always try to re-connect automatically.

There are no "best" settings. You can configure the 'On connection loss' settings to your liking.

If the account and strategy positions are in synch, please set 'Synch account position' to False.

Comment

Hi Jason.

I understand, but what is a fitting setting when I want Nt trying to to keep on reconnecting to Kinetick.
          settings "on connection loss" now:

disconnect delay seconds: 10
          number of restart attempts: 4
          restart within minutes: 5
          handling: keeprunning.
          order handling: cancel exit orders when a strategy is disabled.

And how do I recover the orders in the orderstab when I have restarted the connection AND the strategy ( in this case a stoploss order and een breakevengtrigger.

Do i have to notify Kinetick about this repeating connectionproblem?

thx in advance.

Comment

I suggest to use a higher value for 'Restarts within x minutes', so if a disconnection takes longer than 5 minutes, it will still try to restart the strategy.

This happens automatically upon using "Immediately submit live working historical orders, Sync account position = false"

• The matching active orders on the account will then be mapped to the active strategy orders

No need to notify Kinetick. The disconnections are not caused by them. If that was the case, all Kinetick users would experience the disconnections.

Comment

I've set "the restarts within x minutes" to 20 and "number of attempts" to 19.
              Are these settings suitable in your opinion?
              If it is not Kineticks problem how can Nt prevent this problem, because this problem occurs too often and alway in the night?
              About the order handling: do I have to disable "cancel exit orders when a strategy is disabled"?
              thx in advance.

Comment

Yes, these settings are suitable.

You will need to check what is causing the disconnection on your end.

It depends what you like. If you like orders to be cancelled when the strategy is disabled, you would enable this option.

Comment

I really don't know what causes the disconnection.
                  I thought it was a Kinetickproblem.
                  Can you investigate this problem in one way or another?
                  If necessary I can sent the trace and logfiles

thx in advance

Comment

Unfortunately I cannot see in log and trace files what is causing a disconnection. It just reports the disconnection in the files.

Do you have any firewall or anti-virus software running that could be interfering with the Kinetick connection somehow?

When did the disconnections started to occur? Did you always experience these disconnections?

Could it be you have a dynamic IP address that changes multiple times a day? If so, please check with your ISP if a static IP address can be requested.

Comment

No firewall or software running @ the cloud I'm using.

Mostly by night and always the same way.

I'using a static Ip adress.

i've contacted kinetick before and they talked about IQfeed? is that suitable for me?

but you said this morning its not a kinetick problem.

Comment

Do you perhaps have a PC available to test NinjaTrader and the disconnection? Check if the disconnection persists. If not, it is likely related to the cloud.

Yes, IQFeed is one of our supported data feed providers as well.

If the issue would be caused by Kinetick itself, all Kinetick users would experience the disconnection.

Comment

Unfortunately I've no pc available. What else can I do?

Comment

If Kinetick could not reconnect after a disconnection due to the internet going down mid connection, then unfortunately the Kinetick adapter would be in a stuck state and not able to reconnect. A manual disconnect and reconnect of NinjaTrader is needed.

This is a rare occurrence. Please contact Kinetick support regarding your issue as well so they can take a look. You can contact them at the link below.

Comment

Hi Jason.

Thank you so far.
                              Today connection lost again, but now daytime.
                              The new settings for reconnecting didn't work.
                              can you see in log and tracefile what happened and why?

Thx in advance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sastrades, 01-31-2024, 10:19 PM
                              12 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sastrades  
                              Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes