Collapse

how to set ATR as stop loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an indicator volumecolors name, where are represented 4 colors of volume bars, I'd like to be able to manipulate each of these, but I saw that the strategy is not possible because of how 'was built. I'm not able to use edit indicator so I wanted to know if someone does it for me.

All I need is that when I open the wizard strategy can refer to these colors as it is now not possible.

thanks

Comment

Hello d-a-n-y87,

Thank you for your post.

Is the volumecolors a custom indicator built by a third party?
      Is the code protected (in a .dll file)?

If the code is protected you may be unable to reference the indicator in any other indicator or strategy.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Is possible to give a value to the inclination of a moving average, or there is an indicator that a value of the curvature, for example in degrees °?

thanks for the answer

Comment

Hello d-a-n-y87,

Thank you for your post.

You can use Slope() to determine the steepness of the line with a double value:

However, this would not give the value in degrees. This would require custom programming.

Comment

you can create this indicator for me?

inclination of sma in degress

Comment

Hello d-a-n-y87,

Thank you for your response.

We do not provide programming services for our users. If you wish to learn NinjaScript we have Premium Paid Educational events where you will join a NinjaScript expert for a pair of 6-8 hour long intensive courses designed to provide you with an in depth look at programming indicators and automated strategies through the use of NinjaScript:

If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript on your own, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.

A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

You will fine Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
              Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
              Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
              Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants

Comment

could you advise me an indicator that shows orders executed at any price change. thanks

Comment

Hello d-a-n-y87,

While, I am not aware of any indicators that you do this you may set NinjaTrader to "Plot executions" and use "Text and Markers" to be able to easily view them on your chart.

To do this you may right click inside of your chart, select Data Series, scroll down to the bottom of the right panel, and change the "Plot executions" to "TextAndMarker" so that way if you enable a NinjaScript automated strategy it will display on your chart when trades were executed.
                  JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do not mean to show my run on the graph. But a similar indicator in Volume Zone but with numbers that define the run for that price

Comment

Hello d-a-n-y87,

That would be possible but it would not be supported. You may want to view the following indicator that gets executions based on an account.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
                        Hello d-a-n-y87,

That would be possible but it would not be supported. You may want to view the following indicator that gets executions based on an account.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=6&linkid=533
                        can you give me indicator of commulative volume delta? thanks

Comment

Hello mylanel,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

You may view the following thread that has an attached indicator that you may try out for the cummulative delta volume indicator.

Note that you may want to follow the link near the end as it appears there is a updated version on another forum.

Comment

ok thanks for the link. but how do I use it also on history?

Comment

mylanel, if you wanted to see how it performs on historical data you would need to record data for this specific study first (there are additional custom tools such as the GOM recorder available) or you would use it in our Market Replay environment, which should be able to 'generate' the data needed in replay as it had access to the intrabar Level 1 data.
                              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I followed this almost to the T and what I end up with is a strategy that opens, then closes and order immediately. What did I miss?

Dolfan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes