Static SuperDom and TT fees.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static SuperDom and TT fees.

I have looked at some other trading software and it appears to me that they don't have the TT fees for using essentially the same thing as NT's static SuperDom. Are they just incorporating TT fees somewhere else or is NT the only company that got subjected to TT's usury? The only reason that I don't trade with the static Superdom is I resent the idea paying TT their fee for patenting the obvious and for what was, I believe, already in use. How come NT seems to be the only software I've seen that has an additional TT fee for what is essentially a fixed price ladder? Thanks. I'm just venting because I think that TT is just being a parasite.

Hello higler,

Thank you for your note.

I'm not able to speak to the use of a price ladder display by other platforms however you can find more information about the specifics of out TT settlement at this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Trading-T...ies-Settlement
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am a new user to NinjaTrader, this whole issue regarding fixing the price ladder is very bizarre to me. Am I to understand that each trade I make will have an extra .20 per contract billed to my Ninja Trader account if I am using the STATIC dome ?

Comment

Hello johndrj,

You could be subjected to TT fees when your live license is set to use the Static SuperDOM. Please check with your broker if they collect these TT fees for you.

The static SuperDOM uses licensed technology from Trading Technologies. That is why the static SuperDOM requires TT credits in order to trade live. You can purchase TT credits at the following link if your broker does not collect them for you. TT fees will be deducted from the TT credits you purchase.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 05-13-2013, 09:52 AM.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I went to the link:

Unfortunately, the page you are looking for is no longer available.

Please choose from one of the links above to get back to the site and update your bookmarks.
          Other things to try:
          Use the search in the top right
          Return to the previous page
          If you need help, visit our support page or email NinjaTrader Support

Comment

Sorry, I copied an old link, please see the link below.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by johndrj View Post
              I am a new user to NinjaTrader, this whole issue regarding fixing the price ladder is very bizarre to me. Am I to understand that each trade I make will have an extra .20 per contract billed to my Ninja Trader account if I am using the STATIC dome ?
              Yup. From what I understand by reading the NT settlement with TT, you get to pay for clicking your mouse on what is just a piece of a spreadsheet fixed in a view panel. All because some Patent Office examiner does not seem to know that electronic, graphical, spreadsheets were invented by VisiCalc, long before TT was a figment of its founders' imaginations.

Just in case you think that I am criticising NT's decision to settle, I am not. TT is a much bigger company, with bigger resources. It was a simple case of bullying, and NT caved, because TT could potentially litigate them into oblivion. In the same relative position, I would have done the same as NT, and settled too. It was a rather simple business decision.

Simply removing the Static DOM would have deprived those users who insist on using a Static DOM of the facility. Moreover, TT is an NT partner, so it would have been a difficult situation if NT simply abandoned the Static DOM.

After all, users do not need to use the Static DOM. I never have, and never will, unless I open an account with TT, in which case, I will be being charged for it regardless.

It goes without saying that I do not speak for NT. This is just my personal $0.02.
              Last edited by koganam; 05-13-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I've used Ninja for a long time, both free and leased, and always used the DOM.
                I must say that the dynamic DOM gets on my nerves and no way I'm paying for the static.

I believe Ninja is losing people to other platforms for this and, while I understand TT is big and may cause serious problems, other platforms have the static DOM with no fees.

I've tried one of them (but I'm always back to Ninja) and I think they got around this because they call it Semi-static DOM, witch is exactly what Ninja DOM is.

Have Ninja tried to go this way? The Semi-static name could be enough get around the patent problem.

Comment

Hello Adelino Brito,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will forward your suggestions to my superiors for further consideration.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How much longer is NT subject to TT credit fees?

Comment

Hello MotownCat,

TT Credits will be required as long as the NinjaTrader Static SuperDOM is under license through Trading Technologies, Inc. MD Trader family of patented technology.
                      Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                      47 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aligator  
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes