Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

closing one position out of 2

Hi supporters,
    I run one strategy on same asset (actual GC) on sim account of IQFeed but in several variants (long+short, short only, long only). Well, what has happened is that the short got disabled due to over fill problem [is there simple solution? it is second time this week it happened] but left one position open. Ok, the short+long version trades all the time, so now I got two positions open on GC, one controlled by a strategy and second out of any control. How can I manually close the uncontrolled one?
    Thank you
    N.
    PS. yes we need to look more into over fill problem and solve it, we cannot run such a strategy live.

nicknamed, perhaps I'm not following you here, but to close part of the overall position you now have you would need to place a manual offset order for the needed qty through any order entry interface.

Overfills are highly strategy logic / event dependant, so there's no 'one size fits all' that can be offered here unfortunately. To run less risk of seeing those, it would be important to attempt minimizing the amount of 'racing' orders you have close to the current inside market, as an overfill would be very much the same as an inflight execution you could have trading manually.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ScottWalsh  
    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes