Historical data for tick bar charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data for tick bar charts

I am trying to open a 3000 tick bar chart for the ES but only get data charted from the very moment I create the chart. Can't get historical data.

Hello appolo112,

Thanks for your post.

So I may assist you further please answer the following.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.12)
    Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to assisting you further.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version: 7.0.1000.8

I'm connected to Interactive brokers.

There is one "error on loading chart data for 'ES 06-13 Globex' : Interactive Brokers: Error on requesting historical data from IB: No security has been found for the request ( 200 )"

Thank you very much

Comment

Hello appolo112,

Thanks for your reply.

Interactive Broker does not support historical tick data.
        To receive historical tick data would require a connection to a provider who supports historical tick data.

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider section of our help guide.

Kinetick has been designed to be the optimal market data feed for the NinjaTrader 7 platform and offers historical tick data.
        Streaming real-time quote service start as low as $50/month and you can even have your CME exchange fees waived with a qualified brokerage account. Please see the Kinetick website for more information: http://www.kinetick.com/
        You'll also enjoy all these benefits with any Basic Service subscription:

* Fast, unfiltered data
        * Live data for 500 Market Metrics Indices are automatically included. Full list at: http://www.kinetick.com/market-metrics
        * Eliminated exchange fees for qualified accounts: http://www.kinetick.com/CME
        * Free Globex upgrades for qualified accounts
        * Free delayed and historical data for other exchanges not subscribed to
        * Free news from RTT News, PR Newswire, and Business Wire

Additionally, the current version of NinjaTrader and Traders Workstation supported together is NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.12 and Traders Workstation 927.7

To upgrade to NinjaTrader version 7.0.1000.12 please follow the link bellow.

Under Current User paste your license key.
        You can locate your license key under Help> License key
        Select Download NinjaTrader
        Download Version 7.0.1000.12 (Current)
        Before running the installer ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

To verify what version of Traders Workstation you currently have log into Traders Workstation

* Under Help go to About Traders Workstation...
        * Scroll down and look for Build

You can download Traders Workstation 927.7 from the link below

Follow the steps in our Interactive Brokers Connection guide (linked below) to configure Traders Workstation 927.7

Once complete I would recommend resetting your instruments. You can do this by going to Tools> Options> Data> Reset Instruments

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

I have followed your instructions but the problem persists.

There are multiple messages on the log tab like this:

IB.Intraday Request. Process: invalid datetime format '220130412' 23:14:00' instrument='ES 06-13' from='2013-04-17' to='2013-04-18' period=Daily splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0

Comment

Hello appolo112,

Thanks for your reply.

Please email your most current log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, so I may investigate this matter further.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20130418.txt"
            You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20130418.txt"

Once located send both files as an attachment. In the message put ATTN Brandon and include a link to this forum topic.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ryjoga
            by ryjoga

Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses