Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to display futures chart that is not the current month

Hi,
    I was trying to bring up a chart of CL 06-13 futures which is not the current month but the next month. But, when I try to load it up, it brings up a chart of CL 05-13. How do I correct this? I use Kinetick as my data provider
    Thanks

Hello Golfr,

Please note that the CL is set to rollover to the 06-13 expiry on 4/19/2013 in NinjaTrader. This means all historical data is loaded from 05-13 expiry and is combined with real-time data from the 06-13 expiry. If you receive real-time data for let us say 1 hour and you reload historical data, the hour of real-time data (06-13) will be replaced by historical data from the 05-13 expiry.

You can change the rollover date if you like. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the CL and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and click the 'Contract Months' row at the bottom. Click the '...' button that appears. Select the 06-13 expiry and change the rollover date to your liking. Click OK. Remove and re-add the CL 06-13 to your instrument list now that it uses different settings. Instructions can be found at the link below.

Subsequently create a new CL 06-12 chart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes