Simple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple questions

I'm a newb, so I assume the following 'issues' are just me doing something wrong.

1. I am connected to Yahoo (added Yahoo to Account Connections). I was able to add ^SP500 Instrument Manager and fetch the data. But when I add ^DJTA and try to create a chart, I get the following error:
    "Error on loading chart data for '^DJTA Nyse': Failed to retrieve data from YAHOO.

When adding ^DJTA to Instrument Manager, I had clicked on Edit to get to the Instrument Editor and selected the Misc tab and under Symbol Map, had entered the correct Yahoo ticker - ^DJT.

2. I'm trying to add a new instrument in Instrument Manager, specifically ticker GLD (SPDR Gold Trust). It's not available when I do a search in Instrument Manager, even though this is available in Yahoo under the same ticker. How can I add this?

Thanks!

Hello dolomite,

The Yahoo connection only supports equities in NinjaTrader. You will not be able to receive data for most indexes from Yahoo.

Click here for more information on the varying levels of data of our supported connectivity providers

Please try using the Kinetick EOD feed.

The Free EOD Kinetick connection is preloaded in to NinjaTrader 7 automatically. You can connect to it by going in NinjaTrader to > File > Connect > Kinetick - End of Day (free). This connection will give you access to historical Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly data.

Connection steps can also be found at: https://www.kinetick.com/support#Connect

Please note that the EOD connection provides access to historical daily data only, allowing you to access Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly data for free.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by dolomite View Post
      I'm a newb, so I assume the following 'issues' are just me doing something wrong.

1. I am connected to Yahoo (added Yahoo to Account Connections). I was able to add ^SP500 Instrument Manager and fetch the data. But when I add ^DJTA and try to create a chart, I get the following error:
      "Error on loading chart data for '^DJTA Nyse': Failed to retrieve data from YAHOO.

When adding ^DJTA to Instrument Manager, I had clicked on Edit to get to the Instrument Editor and selected the Misc tab and under Symbol Map, had entered the correct Yahoo ticker - ^DJT.

2. I'm trying to add a new instrument in Instrument Manager, specifically ticker GLD (SPDR Gold Trust). It's not available when I do a search in Instrument Manager, even though this is available in Yahoo under the same ticker. How can I add this?

Thanks!
      Yahoo doesn't have anything for ^DJTA in the 1st place.

Get Quotes Results for ^djta Market Indices
      (4)
      Symbol Name Last Trade Type Industry/Category Exchange
      ^DJTATOT Dow Jones Automobiles & Parts T 595.89 Index DJI
      ^DJTATOE Dow Jones Automobiles & Parts T 425.05 Index DJI
      ^DJTATOR Dow Jones Automobiles & Parts T 607.83 Index DJI
      ^DJTATO Dow Jones Automobiles & Parts T 416.70 Index DJI

-----------------------
      edit:

I re-read your post.. djta is your NT name mapped to ^DJT on yahoo.. my bad.

Dow Jones Transportation Averag (^DJT) -DJI
      Last edited by sledge; 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Sparkyboy  
      Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
      21 responses