Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

multiple connections to InteractiveBrokers(IB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple connections to InteractiveBrokers(IB)

Hi. I just purchased the Ninjatrader live trading license for IB. I'm trying to test trading an automated strategy using my paper-trading account with IB. I was able to log in, but got the error message "Historical market data service error message: No market data permission for AMEX STK" when I tried to load data Is it true that IB paper-trading acounts do not provide historical data to Ninjatrader?

If that's the case, I'd like to use my real IB account as the data feed for test trading in the paper-trading account. But I found I couldn't connect to both the paper-trading account and the real account at the same time. Is there a way to do so (maybe by using a different port and/or client ID for each account)? Any advice would be appreciated!

You're on the right track! NinjaTrader can connect to multiple IB accounts that have separate login username and passwords at the same time. The Client ID can remain at default setting. Only port needs changing in our testing.

Just keep in mind that you must manually start TWS multiple times for each account first in the morning, then connect with NinjaTrader since the auto startup functionality does not work with multiple logins.

1) Manually start TWS from the desktop, if you have two accounts start it up twice with each account logged in.
    2) When platform has started, Click Configure > API Settings > Socket Port > Provide a unique value. Default is 7496, leave this as is for the first username. Add 1 to this value to be 7497 on the second account so each account has a unique port value.
    3) In your NinjaTrader connection for this account, match the port with what you specify in TWS for each account connection.
    4) Connect in NT using File > Connect, you will do this twice for both account connections.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you. Your suggestion worked like a charm!

Comment

Tony,
        IB provides an option to use data feed from real account on paper account.
        You'll have to turn this option on their web site: go Manage Account -> Settings->Paper Trading and enable "Share real-time market data subscriptions with paper trading account"
        The trick is, data will be available on one account at a time.
        Hope that helps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes