Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not getting historical data

hi all,

I last connected with (Velocity) Trading Tech last Tues. THis morning, Monday, I opened my ES, CL Gold charts with ES and GC having problems. All daily charts had no historical data but was recording current realtime intraday data onto the daily charts. My 30 min charts for GC 06-13 and ES 06-13 were missing. The message I got for all problems was "connection to dataserver unavailable or busy right now". please see attached. Is that true? For GC, although I changed contracts from 04-13 to 06-13 I still read 04-13 in the error message. For ES 06-13 is same through out.

Thanks spartacus
    Attached Files

Hello spartacus,

Thank you for your forum post.

The error message indicates that you cannot reach the histoircal data servers.

Please first try going to File--> Disconnect and then reconnect from File--> Connect.

Next right click on the chart and check to see if you can reload historical data.

If not, please try restarting NinjaTrader and reconnect.

Please let me know if you are able to load data with the steps above, or if I can provide any further assistance.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Rebooting NinjaTrader has worked.

Thanks!

Comment

This is my problem as well

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
        Rebooting NinjaTrader has worked.

Thanks!
        Unlike Spartacus, rebooting does not help me. I NQ, TF, EMD, FDAX, 6E, YM and ES up, and every single day I have problems with reloading the data. Every day.
        I disconnect, reconnect, reset DB, repair DB, reset instruments, restart ninja, reboot my computer and from time to time reinstall Ninja - it doesen't matter. Sometimes - just sometimes - it works when I change the session time template to something else, and then reattach the ETH template, or the default 24/7.
        I have talked to Ninja before regarding this issue, but havent found a permanent solution.
        Right now my Market Profile, footprint and bar chart is missing the data from march 6 to today, but has data from februar 18 to march 6.
        The live stream data is no problem, works every day, but the historical data is rubbish.
        Please find out what is wrong.

Best regards
        Torben

Comment

Hello Torben,

Thank you for your post.

Do you connect to any other data providers besides Trading Technologies?

I can assist further with the situation, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
          1.) A link to this forum thread.

Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post futtrader  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM