Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Diversification in “Solo 401k” challenges multiple connection capabilities of NT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diversification in “Solo 401k” challenges multiple connection capabilities of NT.

After studying “multiple connections” for hours, I now start a new thread to address the relatively recent legal option of self-managing retirement funds in a “Solo 401k.” Duplication of the range of asset-tools (similar to Schwab, etc.) is necessary, in my opinion, to manage one’s own Solo 401k – including full diversification of investment classifications (Futures, Stocks, Funds, Forex, etc.).

There is need for multiple brokers to accomplish this goal – given that brokers often specialize in one type of trading (Futures, Stocks, Funds, Forex, etc.). I specifically want to align with a broker who is specialized because of their strength in that specific instrument-class. Therefore, I need several brokers.
    Searching the ‘partners’ listed on the Ninja Trader web site, I find:

~only one that offers Mutual Funds,
    ~a few that offer Stocks,
    ~many that offer Futures,
    ~many that offer Forex.

The self-manager of a Solo 401k is less of a trader and more of an investor, likely a swing trader when contrasted to a day trader, but none the less, someone who is self directed and decisive, based on decision criteria as seen on the Ninja Trader charts.

I consider portfolio diversification essential. That leads to the need of MULTIPLE highly-specialized expert brokers along with their recommended data feeds.

Can the following wish list be accomplished?

~Mirus for Futures, utilizing Zen Fire data feed.
    ~TD Ameritrade for Mutual Funds, utilizing ?? data feed.
    ~MB Trading for Stocks, utilizing ?? data feed.
    ~(Personally, I don’t trade Forex. But others may want a Forex broker in their portfolio.)

THANK YOU for advising on this subject.

Hi Julie,

Thanks for writing in with this question.

It is possible to connect with multiple data providers as you've described. As your aware after reading the multiple connections article in our Help Guide, connection order is critical.

In this case, you would be connecting in the following order:
    1.) Mirus
    2.) MB Trading
    3.) TD Ameritrade
    4.) Your forex broker

If other questions come to mind please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent News - Thanks Kyle !!
      i will be giving this a try.
      (sorry for the slow response.)

Comment

Nice post to read on.Allow me to say something.With all the bad news going around these days, people who have 401(k) policies have some good news. Earnings on 401(k) policies have been creeping up over the past year according to press releases from several outlets. You can get a personal finance to pay for things while waiting for your retirement account to go up.See more at:Financial Advice

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes