Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error connecting IB for data

Hi,

When I try to connect to an account on IB for data streaming I get the message attached. What is the problem?

Regards,

ajcpereira
    Attached Files

Hello ajcpereira,

Thank you for your post.

What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 927.7. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 927.7 via the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tall_927_7.exe

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi PatrickH,

I have the 936.9 TWS version so that's the source of the problem. If I understood well I can't update my TWS every time IB launches a new version or I will have problems with NinjaTrader? If so how can I know when and to which version can I update my TWS?

Regards,

ajcpereira

Comment

Hello ajcpereira,

Thank you for your response.

When possible, we update our supported version of IB’s Traders Work Station at regular intervals with each new NinjaTrader release. Due to the number of releases IB has, we may be behind their current release, simply because we may not update our platform at the same time they do. It is also important to note that we can only begin testing new versions of TWS once those releases have been publicly made available, this also contributes to the time required to update our supported version of TWS.

When we support a different version of TWS you can view this in our release notes for the new version of NinjaTrader. You can find the release notes in the NinjaTrader Help Guide and at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I looked in the Help Guide and the reference to the newest Updated to TWS is to version 921 in NinjaTrader Version 7.0.1000.9 Production Release - February 14, 2012. Where could I see that 927.7 TWS version is the latest version I can use?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

In release 7.0.1000.11 there was an update to the version of TWS supported, but there was an advisory on this matter. This has since been resolved, and you can find that TWS 927.7 is listed as the supported version on the Interactive Broker connection guide at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post llanqui
            by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes