Pats at ManFinancial Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pats at ManFinancial Problem

Yesterday, 12/21/2005, there appeared in my Ninja Trader database a set of Orders and Executions which were not placed through Ninja Trader.

I reviewed these executions and orders with Dierk having sent him a copy of the database.

In reviewing the official Man Financial Equity Report later it turns out that I was right that those Orders were never placed or executed. They just somehow appeared in Ninja Trader.

Now Dierk seemed, and I do too, that this problem is related to Man Financial Pats end-of-day processing. That somehow Man is doing something that ends up sending data to my Ninja Trader connection.

What I'd like to do is figure out what this problem really is. Dierk recommended that I and my clients just not trade during that period. But the period in question in the middle of the night is one of the best times to trade for the instruments we follow. So, that's not a solution.

What questions should I ask Man to determine what happened?

I would think that Pats would have some record type ids which would allow you to filter out "trades" that weren't really trades. What do you think?

Thanks.

imported post

I use Man - never had a problem. They are stand-up folks, run a clean shop. If there are trades in your account that are bogus, you should call Man and demand an explanation. I've found them to be very reasonable, responsive and easy to deal with.

Comment

imported post

Let my add: Pats based brokers need to do an overnight handling. This will require that you disconnect from the Pats adapter (recommended by Pats).

The issue is: You need to know when your broker does this overnight handling and then make sure that you are disconnected. Ask your broker and disconnect in time.

Comment

imported post

cody...

Let me be clear. The point is that these trades were NOT in the Man account. But they appeared in Ninja Trader.

So, the question is why?

I believe that Man Financial does overnight processing right after the US Equity Market close. The trades I'm talking about appeared at 11:55pm.

My plan for clients using Ninja Trader was to use the Ninja Trader Performance Report data as the basis for rigorous performance reporting. But now I'm not clear I can do this if I need to worry about Account/Ninja Trader order and position consistency.

Ray and/or Dierk: Man is a big place. Can you point me to the person there who I should talk to about this issue (when Pats does processing and what might have happpened).

Thanks.

Comment

imported post

The best person to contact is your broker at Man.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Man is a big place, but Man's support desk is actually pretty small and capable. If your broker cant help you, ask for the support desk number. Its actually on their log in webpage for PATs-based customers.

http://mtradeprocf.manfinancial.com/Man/default.cfm

Comment

imported post

ninjatrader wrote:
              The best person to contact is your broker at Man.
              LOL. No he can't. Happy Holidays!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
              10 responses
              1 like
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes