Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja CQG Trader Connection Problem

Hi all,
    I've a NT with a live licence, and I wanted to try CQG Trader. I've got a Demo Login for CQG Trader and I tried to connect to NT, but it throws the following error:

"Login failed: Invalid/Unauthorized Private Label"

Can you please help?

Thanks
    Antonio

I'm pretty sure you need a specific log for Ninja through AMP. CQG Trader is a different platform, I believe.

Comment

Not sure I fully understand. I don't have a live account with CQG, I just want to test how CQG Trader works with Ninja before I open an account. Right now I can't connect through the API.

Comment

Hello phi3zz0,

Thanks for your post.

Coolmos is correct and to connect to CQG with NinjaTrader your broker would need to clear through AMP Futures.
        You can sign up for a demo CQG account that you may use with NinjaTrader from the following link.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a different clearer. Does this mean I cannot use Ninja with CQG and another clearer? I'm really struggling to understand! What is the rationale?

Comment

Hello phi3zz0,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct, NinjaTrader only supports CQG accounts that clear through AMP. You would not be able to connect to a CQG account that clears through another broker, this is not supported.

Comment

Hi, I can't login my account since this morning.
              I am using CQG data...
              "Login failed: Unable to connect to the remote server."

Can you help me to solve this problem ? thanks!

Comment

Hello sparcus,

Thank you for your post.

Please restart your PC, modem and router then try the connection again. If the issue remains, please contact me via email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com.

In the message, please include a link to this forum thread as well as a copy of your Config file. The Config file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by sparcus View Post
                  Hi, I can't login my account since this morning.
                  I am using CQG data...
                  "Login failed: Unable to connect to the remote server."
                  I've got the same problem.

Comment

I have followed the instructions that you gave, but it didn't work.

I sent my file to your email just now.
                    Please help me to check it! Thanks!

Comment

I think there is a server issue for any CQG demo accounts for Ninajtrader.

Im getting the exact same error. Just need to wait until the problem gets resolved.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Can you please check what NinjaTrader version you have installed. Please make sure you have our latest version installed (7.0.1000.12). We have received similar reports from demo CQG customers that have older versions installed. When I test CQG using the latest version on my end, I am able to connect successfully.

To upgrade to NinjaTrader version 7.0.1000.12 please follow the link bellow

Under Current User paste your license key
                        You can locate your license key under Help> License key
                        Select Download NinjaTrader
                        Download Version 7.0.1000.12 (Current)
                        Before running the installer ensure NinjaTrader is closed

Be aware that the latest version will use a new CQG beta adapter. See the advisory at the following link for information.

Please note that server side OCO can be disabled for live users by going to Tools> Account Connections
                        Select your CQG account and press Change
                        Select Next on the Manage an Existing Connection and General screen
                        Check Local OCO Simulation

Comment

Yes it works.

Updating to the newest version fixed the issue. I had xx.11 previously installed.

Thanks for your help

Comment

NT Advisory # 13 upgrade to 7.0.1000.125

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                            Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Can you please check what NinjaTrader version you have installed. Please make sure you have our latest version installed (7.0.1000.12). We have received similar reports from demo CQG customers that have older versions installed. When I test CQG using the latest version on my end, I am able to connect successfully.

To upgrade to NinjaTrader version 7.0.1000.12 please follow the link bellow

Under Current User paste your license key
                            You can locate your license key under Help> License key
                            Select Download NinjaTrader
                            Download Version 7.0.1000.12 (Current)
                            Before running the installer ensure NinjaTrader is closed

Be aware that the latest version will use a new CQG beta adapter. See the advisory at the following link for information.

Please note that server side OCO can be disabled for live users by going to Tools> Account Connections
                            Brandon: I currently have a lifetime NT license and still on 7.0.1000.10. Did not upgrade to 7.0.1000.11 when it came out, as there was no changes in the release notes that I thought would affect me. I am using ESignal as a charting system so I use the NT dome strictly for placing orders. I trade the ES, NQ & 6E. As of right now,everything is working fine even my demo account. I am using the CQG feed thru AMP futures. I want to upgrade to 7.0.100012 but want to make sure I understand the changes.
                            Here are my questions:

1. When trading I always use an ATM strategy for trading. I do NOT have the OCO checked, therefore I do NOT have the little green box with the OCO letters to the right of the instrument box on the trading dome. When orders are completed in my strategy, all remaining orders are automatically cancelled, so in effect it works like an OCO order. I always thought that when I placed my ATM strategy order on 7.0.1000.10, that these orders were automatically routed to the CME Globex (I assume that is what you call a native (server side) order that is quoted on Advisory # 13. Were these orders not routed to Globex, but really sat on my PC ? (more detail in question 2 below)

2. This advisory # 13 states that all orders placed thru the R12 CQG adapter will be on the native (server side). Does this mean that when I place an ATM strategy order on my dome, it will be placed on the Globex ? For example, if I place a limit order to buy 2 - ES contracts .. will that limit order will be placed on the Globex ? Once the buy limit order gets filled, my ATM strategy will automatically place a sell order and a stop loss order on my dome. Are the sell order and stop loss order also placed on the Globex ? I guess what I am getting at is before the " 12 " upgrade all orders were on my local PC but now with this upgrade all orders will be on the native (server side) .... and does this native (server side) mean orders are sitting on the CME Globex server ???

Hopefully, this is not too confusing but I have 2 other individuals that trade with me in a trading group and have the same questions. Thanks for your help and also thanks for this forum.

Comment

Hello tallpaw,

Thanks for your reply.

The orders that you place on older version or the latest version of NinjaTrader to CQG will be at the exchange or CQG servers once they have reached the state of Accepted or Working.
                              With older versions the built in OCO feature of ATM Strategies or when placing manual OCO orders the OCO functionality will reside on your PC. This mean that if you placed an ATM Strategy and lost connection your profit target and stop loss would be active however if one was reached the other target would not get closed out. This could result in the second target also getting filled and putting you in an undesired position.
                              With the latest version of NinjaTrader they would properly work even while connection is lost however it is in beta.
                              With the latest version you can however select the have the OCO functionality reside on your PC if you would like.
                              To do so you would go to Tools> Account Connections

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bltdavid  
                              Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                              0 responses